SSL Essentials Bundle

cclarry

6 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

I wasn't logged in but I don't think you have to be. The code didnt work. Regular 479?

You have to look at the top of the screen.  A Green oval appears that states

A coupon discount of US $429.01 will be deducted from your order total at checkout.

Let's see. I have this combo in following flavors:

1. Cakewalk ProChannel modules;
  2. Nomad ASR;
  3. T-Racks 5;
  4. Waves SSL and CLA MixHub;
  5. Plugin alliance SSL ;
  6. maybe some other versions I don't keep in mind.

I doubt these "late-to-the-party" products from the original hardware manufacturer can be a game changer.  I might be wrong. Any good reason to add them to the collection?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

2. Nomad ASR;
  3. T-Racks 5;
  5. Plugin alliance SSL ;

I doubt these "late-to-the-party" products from the original hardware manufacturer can be a game changer.  I might be wrong. Any good reason to add them to the collection?

They are certainly not "late to the party", as they've been around for years.  Current Version is 6+...
They've just never really been on deep discount before.  And who would know better how to emulate
what they build better than the manufacturer?  Just sayin'....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

You might have not recognized then when they were part of the Duende DSP rack, then later became Duende Native. Quite expensive for the time at around 3 grand for the entire suite.

I believe they precede T-Racks, the Waves stuff, Slate Digital (the company, not the plugins).

• Like 2

SSL had the Native X-Saturator and the Native X-Comp on sale for $20 bucks each in Oct and Dec of last year and I quite like them both - a LOT.   I would recommend them. (Thanks Lars!! 🙏 )

But because of last year's sales, I'm not really tempted because I feel like I've got SSL by SSL stuff covered now.  Although, I have no doubt they will be good though.

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mibby said:

SSL had the Native X-Saturator and the Native X-Comp on sale for $20 bucks each in Oct and Dec of last year and I quite like them both - a LOT.   I would recommend them. (Thanks Lars!! 🙏 )

But because of last year's sales, I'm not really tempted because I feel like I've got SSL by SSL stuff covered now.  Although, I have no doubt they will be good though.

Same for me. I have then X-COMP double and so at the end it's 49.99 for the Channel Strip.

3 hours ago, Soundwise said:

2. Nomad ASR;
  3. T-Racks 5;
  5. Plugin alliance SSL ;

I believe they think the same and that's why they have entered Waves prices zone ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

They are certainly not "late to the party", as they've been around for years.  Current Version is 6+...
They've just never really been on deep discount before.  And who would know better how to emulate
what they build better than the manufacturer?  Just sayin'....

Pardon my ignorance and thanks for proving me wrong.

I've heard it through the grapevine, that plugins from other developers surpass SSL's own version. But that's merely a more or less common opinion. I was hoping to read first hand experience shared by users owning both SSL plugins and at least one of the competing products. Sorry for disturbance.

1 minute ago, Soundwise said:

Pardon my ignorance and thanks for proving me wrong.

I've heard it through the grapevine, that plugins from other developers surpass SSL's own version. But that's merely a more or less common opinion. I was hoping to read first hand experience shared by users owning both SSL plugins and at least one of the competing products. Sorry for disturbance.

No disturbance...I'm just stating the SSL was in the game for a looooooooooong time....they were just too expensive for
the "common joe".  Still are when not on sale, and they're quite good IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Soundwise said:

2. Nomad ASR;
  3. T-Racks 5;
  5. Plugin alliance SSL ;

I ll keep those instead any combo you listed ... it sound more like the 9000 than the 4000 , i suggest rock : stick with PA , modern music : duende .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1