My word David, where do you start with something as complicated as this !? I also had to look Tone Poem up ...on the 2nd listen I got the story .. at least  I think I did! Some bits making me sad or jump or laugh ... a journey indeed ! One of your real high end bits of work .. thankyou for the post and effort,

Steve

Edited by SupaReels

On 2/12/2021 at 12:52 PM, Starise said:

I probably would not have known you squashed it. Sounds clear and legible to me. I imagine everyone else does the same. Just great film music all round'

How long ago was this made? Did you use any outboard hardware? Just curious. 

No outboard on this, just universal audio plugins.  This was made about 6 years ago(?)  Nice that you think it's worthy of film.  Thank you very much for listening and commenting, starise.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 4:08 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

I had to look up tone poem - I didn't know what it was.  I enjoyed the listen - I think this is quite creative. It was lengthy but it kept my interest throughout - nicely done.

Douglas, one of my favorite orchestrators is Richard Strauss.  He did a few tone poems for orchestra.  Thank you for listening and the thumbs up.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 4:28 AM, SupaReels said:

My word David, where do you start with something as complicated as this !? I also had to look Tone Poem up ...on the 2nd listen I got the story .. at least  I think I did! Some bits making me sad or jump or laugh ... a journey indeed ! One of your real high end bits of work .. thankyou for the post and effort,

Steve

Steve it means alot to hear that you enjoyed my piece.  Ya it is a bit of a narrative. I wonder if you think I enjoy camping after hearing it.  :D:D

• Like 1

Very Interesting piece David . . . like this one a lot !! (yes, two exclamations from me) . . . so many great moments. So enjoyed the orchestral string section, and the gnat swatting.  Well, you just never know what's coming along next here . . . a poem and a painting indeed. Your canvas is wildly creative, full of imagination.  So, created 6 years ago you say, I'm curious, did you tweak this version ?   ie.  Are you endlessly tweaking older projects ?

BTW, I'm not hearing any audio squashing here, sounds Au Naturelle to me.

18 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Wow David! So many different parts. I loved the string parts and reverb at about the 1/2 way spot. Your stuff has gotten way better in the last year or so!

Max Arwood

Max thank you for the kind words.  I'm  learning new stuff.   And it's a kind of ear training, but for audio rather than for harmonies.  It's fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noynekker said:

Very Interesting piece David . . . like this one a lot !! (yes, two exclamations from me) . . . so many great moments. So enjoyed the orchestral string section, and the gnat swatting.  Well, you just never know what's coming along next here . . . a poem and a painting indeed. Your canvas is wildly creative, full of imagination.  So, created 6 years ago you say, I'm curious, did you tweak this version ?   ie.  Are you endlessly tweaking older projects ?

BTW, I'm not hearing any audio squashing here, sounds Au Naturelle to me.

Thanks for listening!  I cleaned this one up using the tc electronic finalizer (software).  It worked really well on this.  And yes, I would like to re record just about everything I've ever done.   :D:D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

Max thank you for the kind words.  I'm  learning new stuff.   And it's a kind of ear training, but for audio rather than for harmonies.  It's fun.

Are you taking a Audio mixing ear training?  Which one?  I used to have a finalized (hardware).  When you get the settings right they work really well.  I think I would like the software version way better than the hardware version!