cakewalk crash with amplitube 5 plugin

Jan Schans

Question

Hi,

All my effects plugins work fine in Cakewalk, except with my new Amplitube 5 plugins . When I load the vst3 or the vst2 plugin of Amplitube 5 in Cakewalk, the session crashes with the following error:

afbeelding.png.cb02a411c479092cc52a66ef01ad4bc9.png

Do you have a suggestion on how to solve this?

Thanks a lot, Jan.

4 answers to this question

I don't have that same problem, but I do have a problem with AT5 (both stand alone and VST).   I just bought the Joe Satriani add-on and when ever I touch the "TubeOverDrive" from the collection AT crashes.  I am working with IKM support to get it resolved.

In cakewalk, once I touch the pedal (click on it or try to insert it into another preset) it results in a "Not Responding" message.  If I try to close the AT UI, windows shows a dialog box asking i want to close or wait for the program to respond.

Have you tried the VST2 version (I don't know if there is a VST2 DLL yet).  I'm going to try mine soon and see what happens (if VST2).  You can also look at the event viewer and see if there is any info that will help.

I thought this would be a good place to post this.

Heads up - Support said that a 5.02 version is coming out next week.  Perhaps that will resolve your problem (whenever it does come out)

Syphus

Hi,

I just looked and there does appear to be a VST2 version installed, but it does not show up in my FX list (due to being a VST2 - I think), but does seem to be installed per "Plug-in Manager).

Don't have time to mess with it right now . . .   You could give it a shot . . .

Edit: Sorry, I did not see that you already said that you loaded VST2 with the same problem.  Perhaps the new version will help

Syphus

Edited by Syphus
correction

Hi Syphus,

thanks for your replies and suggestions.

I finally assumed that it had to be a setting in the Windows registry and chose for a rigorous solution: I  did a clean Windows installation and after that installed Cakewalk and Amplitube again. Problem solved!

Thanks, Jan.

I just had the same problem this morning. I finally traced it down to me setting ransomware controlled folder access to 'on' without taking the time to set exceptions properly. This was suggested in Pete Brown's tweaking guide. I just didn't the full job. Amplitude could not access its preset folder and it was crashing Cakewalk.