Bapu

RIP Chick Corea

79 years old.

4 degrees of separation for me. My ex-wife made a "sugar free" cake in the shape of a computer for him and the request of his wife Gayle Moran, whom my ex-wife was friends with through mutual friend of Gayle's.

Edited by Bapu

Just heard the news on yahoo and came here to post. Ed beat me to it.  Another great artist gets to play for the Angels.

I can't believe he was 79.

On a side less musically tragic note, Englebert Humperdinck's wife died a couple of days ago. They both contracted C19. He may not be far behind. He has a really good YouTube channel I subscribe to.

He was my gateway into jazz and all the different styles of music he made, and a constant for me since I was 15.

Chick had all his faculties right up until the end.  What a touchstone.

Sad to know he's gone.

What a nice tribute he wrote (describing his life and being thankful for both his career and those he's worked with).

Think about the talent level in the Elektrik Band.  

At the time, the best modern jazz players on the planet.

One of my heroes. Introduced me to fusion in the 70’s I met him at a NAMM show in the 80s. He will be missed 

RIP Romantic Warrior 

Edited by bayoubill

Truly a giant in music. Sad times indeed, he seemed so healthy and played as great as ever just recently, watched his "classes" during covid. Must have been a quick process in the end. He  created enough music for us to enjoy for a long time though. Thanks for the ride Chick!

I heard Keith Jarret suffered a stroke a while back, might be the next one to go :(  Growing old just sucks.