How to extend track

nayrtrawe

Question

This is probably a stupid question so I apologize in advance. 

I have a project with a single track and I want to extend how long the track plays to include the trail-off of some of the effects I used at the end of the track. I don't want to make the actual track longer - I just want to allow the effects to trail off for an extra 10-15 seconds and be part of the file before I export it. 

Thanks in advance. 

4 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, scook said:

Here are a couple of ways

drag the end of an audio clip, add an empty audio clip, create an automation node, a MIDI CC event or zero velocity note where the project should stop

or

when exporting make a time-based selection including space for the effect tails and switch the export module to selection or use the export dialog

Thanks for the tips, although I don't understand most of it. I did try simply dragging the end but I can't seem to make that do anything. When I click and drag it doesn't actually extend the track. I tried simply setting an endpoint beyond the end of the track but there were no effect trails in the resulting file. 

Back when I was using Bandlab it was incredibly simple to do this but in Cakewalk I am totally lost.