drums played with brushes

Fransk

Hi!  I would like to know what the options are for using a drums played with brushes in Cakewalk. Preferably something that is not too expensive. Searching the web I found some info but it all seems to be rather dated. Does anyone have recent experiences?

Thank you in advance!

13 hours ago, John Vere said:

I tried the demos of all of them and ended up making my own and use Session Drummer to play them. As said all of the samples were hits and I wanted drags and swish. 

AD has sweeps in Modern Jazz Brushes mentioned above. I counted 7 different sweeps. They're between C2 & C3.

Thanks for all the replies! As I am not terribly demanding on drum sounds at the moment (well, apart from the brushes) I have been sticking to free drum plugins (some of which are quite good in my opinion, and it helps not to be overwhelmed by choice). 
I saw a discount of Vienna Jazz Drums (it's €57 at the moment), along with a favourable review somewhere,  and I decided to try that out. It comes with a VST plugin, but no other software is required.
I am far from a reliable judge of sounds, but I am happy with what it provides: for the snare drum there are hits and swishes, and the other parts of the kit (hi-hat, ride cymbal, toms, ...) are available with brushes too. The sounds come across as nicely warm and  authentic to me, and I like the velocity response.

• Like 1