How To Insert A Bar?

Garce

Its been a long time since I used Sonar. I have my midi drum tracks set up on one track, but I need to insert an empty bar in the middle of the song. Everything I try just overwrites the following bar instead of pushing it forward. I need to insert an empty bar without deleting what follows. Thank you.

There is now a feature called ripple editing but I’ve never used it. What I still do is this

Set snap to whole note

place now time at the place you want the insert 

use Ctrl A to select all

Split = S key 

Ctrl A again  Unless you have chosen the right  in the options ( see screenshot) but make sure the right side is highlighted 

now drag the whole works right to create the space it should snap at the next measure 

The drag and drop options dialog should open if you have ask every time checked and choose Slide over to make room. 

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (16).png

Edited by John Vere

It's one of the new features that take me a long time to have a reason to use it sort of things. I keep meaning to try it, but it's rare that I change my mind about song arrangements.  But your right about the old cut/paste/ move features as one has to do thing's exactly perfect or you may end up with a mess. The OP is only trying to insert to one track( I think) so should be safe enough. 

Like the arranger track- I just started using this feature but like others here not to re arrange songs, but as very spiffy looking placemarkers.  I used to do this with just markers but the arranger feature is much quicker and easier to see. 

Thanks all. I don't have that option, Bristol_Jonesy. I only have "Apply Effect",  "Nudge" and "Run CAL" available under Process. scook pointed me in the right direction, though - I don't know how I missed it.

Edited by Garce

• 2 weeks later...