How to Disable Start Screen?

TheSteven

I'm usually doing or trying to wrap up other things while Cakewalk is loading and the starting splash screen is a pain.
I know Cakewalk is loading since I'm the one who started it.  Is there any way to turn it off, shorten it's duration, or minimize it.

The techniques that worked in Sonar & previous versions seem to be missing from Cakewalk i.e.:
Edit -> Preferences (Advanced) -> File -> Advanced -> untick ”Show Start Screen on Launch”

The option is no longer in CbB. While I would not exploit the following...

In SONAR Platinum when Show Start Screen was unchecked in preferencesShowStartPage was set to 0 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR\Platinum

adding a REG_DWORD ShowStartPage set to 0 in  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core still works like Platinum.

The option was moved, see

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, scook said:

The option is no longer in CbB. While I would not exploit the following...

In SONAR Platinum when Show Start Screen was unchecked in preferencesShowStartPage was set to 0 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR\Platinum

adding a REG_DWORD ShowStartPage set to 0 in  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core still works like Platinum.

Hi Scook,

Appreciate the effort - but it turns out that ShowStartPage affects the Cakewalk Start Screen
image.png.65c140f3be6281c31fd2a6296b9c5d52.png

The splash screen
image.png.53a41f3b1f9570b6cde53cc19691f4c2.png
Is not a terrible thing but it would be nice if you could double click on it, for example, to close it.

Correct. The option you refer to

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Edit -> Preferences (Advanced) -> File -> Advanced -> untick ”Show Start Screen on Launch”

is the one I linked in my post and it affects the Start Screen. The splash screen does not have a preference setting. AFAIK, it never has. There are some who rename or hack the Splash.dib to suit their needs but this is not recommended. Splash.dib in in the same folder as the executable, just like SONAR.

If it really bothers you (by obscuring the screen), you can edit or replace the image file for the splash screen (Cakewalk Core\Splash.dib) with a graphics program that will load and save DIB files. PaintShop Pro will do this and I'm sure there are others. You can substitute a tiny image (i.e. 5 x 5 pixels) so it won't be obtrusive. You'll  have to jump through some security/permission hoops in Windows 10 to overwrite the file, and it may be replaced with the original with some future update... so make sure it's worth it.

Well scook, this makes me really proud! 😉

For me this setting is crucial, because with disabled SS either CbB or Splat start remarkably faster. And just to open my last project (most of the time) I really don't need a start screen!!!