Ableton 11 Release Date Announced

cclarry

• 2 weeks later...

is there a crossgrade offer? i see on another form they started getting cosy with Spitfire ... so looks like its not just for EDM and DJs anymore.

tempting.. but i can't be arsed to learn a new DAW... however, cubase is sometimes a little annoying. .

Edited by telecode 101

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

is there a crossgrade offer? i see on another form they started getting cosy with Spitfire ... so looks like its not just for EDM and DJs anymore.

tempting.. but i can't be arsed to learn a new DAW... however, cubase is sometimes a little annoying. .

Don't recall ever seeing a crossgrade offer. Just the upgrades from intro and standard, plus the version upgrade deals.

I think that if you already have a DAW you like, you don't really NEED Ableton.

But it still offers a lot in the way of sound design creativity, and experimentation for any style of music, not just EDM and DJ - at the cost of a huge learning curve. It is different from other DAWs, and that is what can make it a good complement to your existing DAW. It is also rock solid for live performance.

• Like 2

If you are curious about Ableton Live, my suggestion would be to sign up for an online video course by a certified Ableton trainer, instead of watching random YouTube producers.

I can vouch for: https://www.ableton.com/en/certified-training/j-anthony-allen/

He has a complete Ableton Live curriculum at Udemy.com for low cost. Get it on sale frequently. Currently one day left at $11.99. https://www.udemy.com/course/ableton-live-10-complete/

Just use the trial version of Live Suite for the course. Get all the features of Live 11 Suite free for 90 days. https://www.ableton.com/en/trial/

You should be able to decide within 90 days if it's for you... and since many Live demo projects and courses exceed the capabilities of Live Lite, you will probably be much happier if you can follow along using the full version demo.

Edited by abacab

With this 11 upgrade in comparison to 10 I have a crap load of new instrument and new toy downloads beside the Live 11 itself sitting in my account. Its going to take a while .. lots comeing with 11, even standard which is what I have.

Only reason i have Ableton is I bought 8 way way back .. I had not upgraded it until now, around Christmas when the offer came by to upgrade to 10 and get 11 FREE. Sort of no brainer for €95 in November 2020

27 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Only reason i have Ableton is I bought 8 way way back ..

Pretty much same here, except that I had an old license for v5 that wouldn't even install on Win 7, that I upgraded to v9 Standard  a few years ago after Gibson shut Cakewalk down. Have taken advantage of the upgrades since to keep it current. Fascinating stuff!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, abacab said:

Pretty much same here, except that I had an old license for v5 that wouldn't even install on Win 7, that I upgraded to v9 Standard  a few years ago after Gibson shut Cakewalk down. Have taken advantage of the upgrades since to keep it current. Fascinating stuff!

One of the reasons I have still kept in with Ableton aside from what you said above " it still offers a lot in the way of sound design creativity, and experimentation for any style of music," .. is the F9 Audio products for Ableton:

https://www.f9-audio.com/collections/all-products

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip. But I expect that it's going to take me years to just get through the bundled Ableton packs in Suite, including the free Max for Live devices. :)

I just recently upgraded to Suite in a pre-release no-brainer deal.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1