Connecting Roland TD-17KVX electric drums into BandLab?

John Gabauer

Question

"How do I connect Roland TD-17KVX electric drums into BandLab to create drums with my band? I was told by our band coach that I plug my drums into a interface which is hooked through my Apple iMac com via USB". I did this. No signal in BandLab when I strike a drum pad to test if input signal is recognised. No luck? I connected the drum module via 2 cordial cables for right/left stereo from back of drum module into front of Interface (Presonus 68c) - (Mic/Inst/Line) 1 and 2 ports. I receive a signal in the Studio One 5 software (came with the Presonus Interface, but not in BandLab. I do see the my Interface in BandLab at bottom left side when I go into new project, but not drum signal? What am I not doing correctly? Your assistance with this is greatly appreciated..  

4 answers to this question

16 hours ago, John Nelson said:

It sounds like you are confusing Bandlab with Cakewalk by Bandlab.  I don't believe CBB is compatible with Apple iMac.  So this is a confusing question.

Thank you John for taking the time and providing your feedback. It seems to me that BandLab is good for guitar, bass guitar and vocals but not plugging an electric kit. 

12 hours ago, John Vere said:

There's no user forum for Bandlab but I think there's a facebook page. I don't think the Bandlab app is a real DAW like Studio 1. If you want to record your drums use Studio 1. 

Thank you John Vere for your feedback. It seems to me that BandLab is good for guitar, bass guitar and vocals, but not connecting an external electric drum kit.