New Update hosed my Control Surface

NightsWhisper

Using an old ProjectMix I/O for my control surface. 

Opened up a project and control surface faders sync with the written parameters fine but when I go to record new volume and pans, nothing would register and my faders would simply snap back into previous position half a second later.

Anyone else getting anything similar?

Thanks

.C

A simple thing to check is in Preferences > MIDI > Control Surfaces. Make sure both the in and out ports are correctly assigned to the Project Mix. The symptoms you described may indicate that the in port is not assigned to the Project Mix. These settings seem to be somewhat subject to getting jumbled, and are the first things I check when a control surface is acting strange.

I  think Christopher  is right

I opened my old project and on my Mackie Control Surface, the Master Fader  is  down at the bottom,   When I hit the button to show my outputs,  the Faders  for outputs 1/2 are are the bottom also.     When I  double click then to return  to Zero, they immediately go back to the bottom.

This is crazy  because all of my old projects are appearing like this n ow.

13 minutes ago, jesse g said:

I  think Christopher  is right

I opened my old project and on my Mackie Control Surface, the Master Fader  is  down at the bottom,   When I hit the button to show my outputs,  the Faders  for outputs 1/2 are are the bottom also.     When I  double click then to return  to Zero, they immediately go back to the bottom.

This is crazy  because all of my old projects are appearing like this n ow.

Nothing has changed with control surfaces in this release.

I'm using the Mackie Control Surface on two machines (nanoKONTROL Studio on one, and a real MCU on another) and both are working fine.

Have you tried removing the control surface from preferences and adding it again?

If this doesn't work, you could also try deleting %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\ctrlsurface.dat  and setting up the surface again.

I have removed  the Makie Control surface from preferences and adding it again. but  it  continues to do the same thing with the Master Fader and Main Out Faders 1/2

I also deleted %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\ctrlsurface.dat but the faders are still dropping to the ob the control surfade.

I replaced my MackieControl.ini and dll files with backup that  I saved a copy of, but that didn't help

Any other suggestions.