Problems after recording MIDI

Michel Camacho

Question

Hi! maybe this is a dumb question but, everytime I record any instrument, I'm  on time  with the metronome but after I record and hit the button play, I hear like a latency and it's pretty annoying, I mean as a musician I'm very serious when I play with the metronome but I don't know if this is an automatic feature of Cakewalk because I feel it's modifies the time of my recordings. Is there any way to fix this problem? I let you a video below, so you can understand what I mean.  PS: I tried turning off the snap grid functions and it didn't fix anything. I have the ASIO controller interface.

7 answers to this question

On 2/9/2021 at 7:48 PM, Michel Camacho said:

Hi! maybe this is a dumb question but, everytime I record any instrument, I'm  on time  with the metronome but after I record and hit the button play, I hear like a latency . . . .

In the video the music and the metronome seem to be syncopated.  Is that what you meant by latency?  If so, does the latency go away if you start the time at the beginning instead of 00:00:15.118?

Edited by User 905133
to change the : to a . [typo]

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

In the video the music and the metronome seem to be syncopated.  Is that what you meant by latency?  If so, does the latency go away if you start the time at the beginning instead of 00:00:15:118?

When I play in real time along the metronome it sounds in time. After I play the recorded tracked, it's not in time, it's not what I played.

Listen to this carefully.  This is anoter version, another proof of what I'm saying. If you pay attention you will hear I play perfect, in time with the metronome, but after have recorded and play the track, It sounds like dragging the tempo!!  This is what I'm trying to solve . You can even see the MIDI data is even moved a little. 

Edited by Michel Camacho
I forgot some words