Strange UI Hang at 'Almost Done'

Light Grenade

Hi folks, 

I'm encountering a strange hang whilst trying to load a project. The toast notification get to 'Almost Done', and hangs there and the main UI doesn't load. It also stalls on 'Preparing Project' for a while too. However, the performance bars start moving. and I'm actually able to play the song from the control bar, I just can't see the track or console view. This happens with both my main file and backup file. I have tried opening in Safe Mode and disabling any recent plugins - no joy. I have noticed that my RAM is through the roof upon opening the project, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it? 

To make things ever weirder, the project opens in Sonar Platinum with no issues. I have tried saving the project as from Platinum and re-opening in CbB, but the problem persists. 

I have not updated to the latest version, as I normally hold off on updating until I'm finished with any important projects. 

I've sent this to support, but thought I'd post here just in case anyone has experienced anything similar.  

Cheers. 

Almost Done.png

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2021 at 5:32 PM, David A Ludwig said:

I have the same thing on one or two oldish projects. Solution for me is to reselect my workspace, then track, concole... are back. Have no idea why those projects are different.

Just getting back to this, thanks! I worked out the exact same solution (accidentally!) Certainly a strange one, I have reported it. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Please see here:  

I've been troubled by this problem for a long time.

The post tell that : When you open a project, cakewalk / sonar platinum will try to lookup some zip file outside the project and try to extract it. If you encounter a damaged zip file or a zip file that takes a long time to extract, you will always get stuck in the "creating UI".

Because of conclusion in topic above, I remember that I created a huge zip file at  "D:/mydata.zip" not long ago. Extracting it will take 20 minutes more.

And  I opened any project in cakewalk and hang at "creating UI" for 20 minutes or more time .

I removed the D:/mydata.zip and all projects were loaded successfully and faster!

But why was the Cakewalk even trying to unzip a zipfile that is not in the content directory or the project folder?

• 1 year later...

This is most often caused by some VST recently installed that conflicts with Cakewalk DAW.

There are two ways I usually fixed that problem.

1. Uninstall the last few VST installed which is the conflicting Cakewalk program.

2. Uninstall Cakewalk program and reinstall the program sometimes untangle the conflicting VST or drivers.

In either one of these procedures fixed my almost done hangup 100% of the time.

If the program was working, and then stop loading correctly, means a VST program is conflicting.  Sometimes you have to uninstall two, three five programs to get to the root cause.

• 1 month later...

(SOLVED in my situation)
1st time had "Almost done" situation today.

I was waiting for 20 minutes, if I remember, but not luck. I decide to disconnecting my MOTU MicroBook (old hardware), audio interface, and apparently my project appear on the screen.

My problem was related to my connection with hardware. My MOTU is connected by small HUB because when I connect it directly to my PC I receive and error: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

PS1. I noticed that my interface blinked with green led... after reconnecting the led is still, not blinking anymore.

PS2. Happy to help :)