Now Marker In Staff View

mdiemer

Question

This is a tip, along with the one I just saw about "that line that goes on..."

So, I find the Track View Now marker very annoying when it intrudes itself into staff view. I couldn't find a way to get rid of it, so I tried this, and it worked:

I opened Step Sequencer view (which I never use), then pulled down the edge of my track view until Step Seq. disappeared. And now there is no Now time marker in staff view. It is not needed, and is a pain because it won't agree spatially with staff view's own time marker, and it gets in the way when I want to insert notes. I don't know why it is there in the first place, but it probably has something to do with the weird way I have CbB set up, which is to look and work exactly like Sonar 8.5. I have all my views undocked, and I call then up with keyboard shortcuts.

Probably no one else will benefit from this, but I post it here just in case.

7 answers to this question

Dunno scook, maybe. I'm on Windows 7 still and use the onboard graphics, which are fine for my purposes (I don't do any videos or even play games on this computer).

I thought I had posted a possible solution last night here, but it came back unfortunately. I think it's related to the unusual way I use Cakewalk. My track view is my base view, extended down as far as it will go, to cover my 40-50 tracks of orchestral projects. No Skyview or whatever it's called. Then I have the staff, event, tempo and meter views undocked, and I call them up as needed with keyboard shortcuts. Also the mixer, which I keep minimized over on the bottom left. I'll see if I can do a screenshot so folks have an idea what I'm talking about.

Edited by mdiemer

Well I have an image in my head but it may be different than what you are describing.

The last time I messed with floating views was a few years ago and then just to see how they looked in SONAR. I prefer to work views docked using the view shortcuts, D and SHIFT-D to manage the views in the multidock.

If there have been any optimizations to Windows visual effects in System Properties performance options, they may be messing with CbB.

AFAIK, practically no testing is done on Win7. Development and testing shifted to Win10 years before CbB.

I'm sure now that this is a result of how I use my different views. It may or may not be possible to solve, it will depend on my zoning in on exactly what I'm doing that is causing it. If I can't solve it, I can live with it. but I'm sure it's not a fault of the software at this point, or my system.

Well, whaddya know. I saw on another thread where someone solved their cursor problem by updating their video driver. So I went to Intel and did the same. My computer's only 5 years old, I hadn't even thought it would need it. But scook, you mentioned it in this thread. I will never doubt you again. It appears the problem is solved. I now have only the staff view cursor in staff view, no sign of the track view cusror, it's staying in the track view where it belongs. Another problem resolved by Scook The incredible. Thanks again, man!