Issue with bouncing to clips

AlChuck

If I have a track that I've cut up into various bits (to apply Clip Automation on the gain, for example, or just to delete bum notes or buzzing during silent parts), it seems that as soon as the number of clips gets to a certain point, I get a Audio Engine Dropout error at the end of the operation. No big deal except that if I then try to move on and do some more in the project, almost anything I do causes Cakewalk to hang. Fortunately, if I Save the project before I try anything else, then close Cakewalk and re-open it, the completed bounced track is there and I can go on to further work on the project, but it's a real irritation.

I've had this issue for at least several versions now. Does anyone else see this happening? Maybe my PC isn't buff enough?  (I've got an Intel Core i5-3450 CPU running at 3.10 GHz and 16 GB of RAM).

Edited by AlChuck
Clarify description

I wonder, how much  unsaved actions do you have there when " the number of clips get to a certain point" and the issue occurs?

Would it slow you down or have other unwanted side effects, if you simply bounced to clips and saved more often? Not necessarily the the whole track length, but a nice, appropriate number of clips a time. Maybe you have tried already.

How often do you normally save while you edit? In operations like that I'd recommend saving everytime a clip is edited, at least. 

Edited by Kalle Rantaaho