How to activate Melodyne that's included with Cakewalk

Joel Stolarski

There is no activation code.

It is a time-limited trial.

The time starts when the plug-in is installed.

To install the plug-in use the "Install Add-ons..." option shown below

After downloading, installing and scanning the VST3 format plug-in, Melodyne should be available as a Region FX.

AcbBZK7.png

• Like 1

I was hoping that it was a stripped version included. I tried the Cakewalk melodyne for audio to midi conversion, which took a whole lot of time for me to figure. Ableton's works a bit better. I don't have a midi pad or keyboard, so it's do a conversion or enter notes by hand.

Kinda of broke right now, and other pressing expenses plus usual family crisis, so buying anything is temporarily suspended.

Would like to find a decent mastering template. Had a really great one on Ableton, that took a long bit of studying and watching tutorials to put together.

Thank you for posting  the walk thru, I had it in there when I did the Bandlab registration.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, scook said:

While it is a time-limited trial, monophonic audio-to-midi and tempo detection do not expire.

The time-limited portion of the demo include the editor and the polyphonic algorithms.

There is a considerable amount of information about how to use Melodyne in the CbB documentation.

Ok. So the Melodyne can still do the extraction form melody to midi. I gott stuck trying to get the melody extraction to a track with the notes on the clip. Ableton it's so easy. You import the audio, then click on convert, and it makes the new midi note track, pretty seamlessly. Still needs manual editing of nothes.  I had the Melodyne on the Cakewalk, did the extraction then got terribly lost, with the melodyne notes on it. Couldn't get thos dragged to a new track. Will have to go back and figure it, because i got so frustrated just shut it down :(.

As a side note to this. You could even do that in the old Home Studio version of Sonar. It’s been built in  to the core program for a long time now 

I mostly have converted all my analog bass tracks to midi for my backing tracks. This way every song is identical so the mix is consistent from song to song. I did this for probably 60 projects. There’s some minor editing always needed but it certainly works. 

@Joel Stolarski
Then you need to use the percussion setting in Melodyne. 
I would also try Drum Replacer 

it creates 3 tracks and you can mess with the sensitivity to get better results. Then what I do is drag the drum replacer track to a midi track 

You will still need to move the notes to the correct key to trigger the sounds you want   But Drum replacer can sort out a bit more than Melodyne will  

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2021 at 1:05 AM, scook said:

While it is a time-limited trial, monophonic audio-to-midi and tempo detection do not expire.

The time-limited portion of the demo include the editor and the polyphonic algorithms.

There is a considerable amount of information about how to use Melodyne in the CbB documentation.

I know it's a trial version for first 30 days only but I was using Melodyne since past 1.5 year or so (Since when i have installed Cbb) it was working perfectly fine for :-

1) Dragging audio into a Midi track to convert the Audio into midi.

2) Extracting tempo information from an Audio file/ copying an audio's tempo to the project. 

It wasn't performing pitch correction and other things but the 2 things mentioned above were working perfectly fine, but i updated it from the Help>Check for updates in cakewalk and then it installed Melodyne 5 and that's exactly where the problem started and now i can not perform the above mentioned functions. 

When i drag Audio into instrument/Midi trak it ask me to choose the algorithm (default, percussive, universal, melodic etc) i tried everyone of them but it does nothing it just show the processing sign for a while and then just do nothing asme happens when i drag the audio in the time ruler.

Can you please help me in solving this issue.

37 minutes ago, Sonified Music said:

I know it's a trial version for first 30 days only but I was using Melodyne since past 1.5 year or so (Since when i have installed Cbb) it was working perfectly fine for :-

1) Dragging audio into a Midi track to convert the Audio into midi.

2) Extracting tempo information from an Audio file/ copying an audio's tempo to the project. 

It wasn't performing pitch correction and other things but the 2 things mentioned above were working perfectly fine, but i updated it from the Help>Check for updates in cakewalk and then it installed Melodyne 5 and that's exactly where the problem started and now i can not perform the above mentioned functions. 

When i drag Audio into instrument/Midi trak it ask me to choose the algorithm (default, percussive, universal, melodic etc) i tried everyone of them but it does nothing it just show the processing sign for a while and then just do nothing asme happens when i drag the audio in the time ruler.

Can you please help me in solving this issue.

As of Melodyne 5,  Celemony has stopped allowing Audio -> MIDI  conversion once the trial version has expired. I'm not sure about tempo extraction, but it wouldn't surprise me if the same was true for that.

Upgrading to Melodyne Essential should allow you to use these functions again.  If you need polyphonic audio to MIDI conversion, you'll need to buy either the Editor or Studio edition.

If you've no intention of buying any of the Melodyne editions, you could uninstall Melodyne 5 and re-install the trial version of Melodyne 4 (assuming you still have the installer somewhere).

On 8/22/2022 at 3:17 PM, msmcleod said:

As of Melodyne 5,  Celemony has stopped allowing Audio -> MIDI  conversion once the trial version has expired. I'm not sure about tempo extraction, but it wouldn't surprise me if the same was true for that.

Upgrading to Melodyne Essential should allow you to use these functions again.  If you need polyphonic audio to MIDI conversion, you'll need to buy either the Editor or Studio edition.

If you've no intention of buying any of the Melodyne editions, you could uninstall Melodyne 5 and re-install the trial version of Melodyne 4 (assuming you still have the installer somewhere).

Thank for replying. I want to roll back to the trial version of Melodyne 4 for basic midi conversion & tempo extraction but i do not have any setup for that as all the previous files were replaced by the new ones as soon as i upgraded. I also tried to uninstall it from control panel and then installing back from the addons in Bandlab assistant but the bandlab assistant show melodyne as already install and would not let me install it again.

CbB no longer includes the Melodyne 4 Trial Version and BandLab no longer distributes the Melodyne 4 Trial either through BandLab Assistant or Cakewalk Installer.

If you did not retain a copy of the Melodyne 4 Trial installer there is no way to install it.

8 minutes ago, scook said:

CbB no longer includes the Melodyne 4 Trial Version and BandLab no longer distributes the Melodyne 4 Trial either through BandLab Assistant or Cakewalk Installer.

If you did not retain a copy of the Melodyne 4 Trial installer there is no way to install it.

Ok noted, and thank you so much Scook  i am new to all this and use this forum a lot for getting the answers of my questions this community is a great help. I have noted that you have solved so many problems in this forum and provided some useful recourses as well and most of the time the solution/information that you provide is very insightful and accurate.  I would take the liberty of quoting Mr Andreton here "Scook = instant gratification". Thanks again. :) 

Edited by Sonified Music