Defying Gravity-New Video

Lynn Wilson

Hello to all my CW friends!  I just completed a new video to a song that I posted here a few years ago.  To keep it all fresh, I remixed the song with some of my new tools to give it a fresh spin.  I combined stock video footage with some self-filmed sections to give it a home-grown touch.  I  hope you enjoy the subtle humor about getting older.  I'm still open to suggestions, so I welcome your input.  Thanks in advance for your time.  It can be found here:  

• Like 4

On 2/9/2021 at 11:44 AM, daryl1968 said:

loved this song the first time round and I love what you've done with it here.

Great video too mate - the combination of stock footage and your gorgeous self are spot on

Thank you kindly, Daryl.  This was worth the wait for me.

On 2/9/2021 at 11:58 AM, David Sprouse said:

Loved the footage of the old flight contraptions.  So sublime, almost haunting listening to it with the pics. Both You and supareels have gravitas in your productions.  Keep it up!

Thanks, David, for the kind words.  I got lucky finding that old footage of early flight.  As for the gravitas statement, it compels me to do the "Weird Al" version of "Defying Gravitas" ;)

On 2/10/2021 at 5:03 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Lynn, love the song and the video is excellent.

The track reminded me a little bit of a Pink Floyd track, in a very good way.

Superb stuff

Nigel

Nigel, thanks so much for the encouraging words.  Your own videos have helped to inspire me to do more!  Best of luck with your new album.

On 2/10/2021 at 6:38 AM, SupaReels said:

Well I think you just raised the bar ... out a sight ! Excellent work Lynn 🖖😉

Stay well

Steve 

I merely raised a glass at the bar ;)  Thank you very much, Steve!  I was thinking of you when I made this video.

On 2/10/2021 at 7:37 AM, jack c. said:

good recording job and sounds.enjoyable.david bowie voice.jack c.

Jack, thank you for your time and nice comment, especially in regards to the DB remark.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2021 at 9:29 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Excellent, enjoyed both the song & the video.

Thank you so much!  I'm happy to please.

On 2/11/2021 at 4:07 AM, Boomin36Beatz said:

what should  I say 👍

You've said it all.  Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment!

On 2/11/2021 at 6:40 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Cool song and video Lynn - nicely done. I always enjoy your vocal - you have a top-notch voice.

Douglas,  this means a lot, coming from you!  Keep up your good work!

20 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

not so much 🙃

👍's

t

Tom, I hope my tongue didn't completely come through my cheek ;)  Thank you for your time!

• Like 1

I somehow missed this song first time around. Glad you reposted it with the video. Great job!  I loved the texture in your voice , thick and powerful. I especially liked the fade out with the minimal instruments. I believe I would use that part as the main body in an entirely new song. Great job on the video I enjoyed it all ..  mark

• Like 1

Lynn
Yeah, I do remember this one. The video is a bonus but I think the song really stands on its own.  Have to say the lyrics and melody really struck an emotional spot in me, so well done with that!
We all get older but we just keep on keeping on, my friend.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 10:23 AM, mark skinner said:

I somehow missed this song first time around. Glad you reposted it with the video. Great job!  I loved the texture in your voice , thick and powerful. I especially liked the fade out with the minimal instruments. I believe I would use that part as the main body in an entirely new song. Great job on the video I enjoyed it all ..  mark

Mark, thank you for taking the time to listen and reply.  I like your idea about using the ending for a new song.  I'll get to work on that as soon as it warms up a bit in my basement.  It's cold here in Kansas City.

On 2/14/2021 at 11:46 PM, bjornpdx said:

Lynn
Yeah, I do remember this one. The video is a bonus but I think the song really stands on its own.  Have to say the lyrics and melody really struck an emotional spot in me, so well done with that!
We all get older but we just keep on keeping on, my friend.
-Bjorn

Thanks a million, Bjorn!  Hopefully, we keep getting better along the way!  I'm just trying to keep up with the rest of you talented songwriters.