Previously working Rapture Pro now in Demo Mode

Robert Bone

I have had Rapture, and Dimension Pro since forever, and loved switching over to Rapture Pro, several years back.

For some reason, Rapture Pro has now decided it is running in Demo Mode, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this resolved.  I have reinstalled it, both within Command Center, and outside of Command Center.  I have ripped its guts out of the Registry and anywhere else it lived, and installed anew - same problem.

Command Center thinks everything is hunky dory with it, but no matter how I install or launch (Admin), it is now fixated on thinking it is in Demo Mode.

Any thoughts?

I run Windows 10 - current maintenance, with oodles of memory and multiple SSD drives.

Bob Bone

Edited by Robert Bone

Update - I saw another post, talking about Rapture Session being in Demo Mode, and following a link there by scook, to instructions for performing Offline Activation, I performed those steps for both Rapture Session and Rapture Pro, and neither one resulted in the message of being activated.  Instead, after importing the Offline Activation Response file into both products, it shortly thereafter again displayed the message about Running in Demo Mode.

Can SOMEONE help me keep Rapture Pro alive?  I LOVE some of the sounds.

Bob Bone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 6:09 PM, tomixornot said:

My Rapture Pro is now in demo mode.. Is there a known fix ?

Edit : yes, i have reinstalled using the latest CCC too.

Hi - I also sent you a message, letting you know that I sent a message to the Cakewalk tech folks, about you also having demo mode issues, and they just got back to me last night, letting me know they got you too squared away.  Yay! :)

Bob Bone

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I too have this issue (for years) with both Rapture Sessions and Rapture Pro. Both are in Demo mode and I've tried offline activation but it doesn't work. I've tried turning off the firewall, I've tried reinstalling through CCC, as well as, direct download and install in hopes I'd get a pop-up window which would allow me to manually input my serial number and activation code, but so far no luck.

I've been trying to reach Noel, or someone from Cakewalk for help with this. Robert, who did you contact that helped you?

• 2 years later...

I’ve run into the same problem trying to run Rapture Pro on a Mac - I’ve had it and loved it forever, but it’s stuck in demo mode. I’ve tried deleting all Cakewalk files, uninstalled and reinstalled Cakewalk Command Center and then reinstalled Rapture Pro, but no luck.

Hoping Cakewalk Support sees this and can assist. thanks!

2 hours ago, Cakewitt said:

I’ve run into the same problem trying to run Rapture Pro on a Mac - I’ve had it and loved it forever, but it’s stuck in demo mode. I’ve tried deleting all Cakewalk files, uninstalled and reinstalled Cakewalk Command Center and then reinstalled Rapture Pro, but no luck.

Hoping Cakewalk Support sees this and can assist. thanks!

They might not.

Maybe drop a note Cakewalk support here:

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

2 hours ago, Yabix Music Production said:

I have the same Problem how can I activate Rapture Pro and Z3TA+ 2. I have the steam version. It runs only demo mode.

The OP's issue was pretty unique and had nothing to do with Cakewalk products purchased through Steam.

Products purchased through Steam were slightly different from the products purchased directly from Cakewalk.

Cakewalk support may be able to help.