Toontrack Seventies Prog Grooves

BassDaddy

Okay, interest piqued, although I normally stay away from MIDI or audio loops as I prefer to bake my own.

Question is, and I think I already know the answer, these are just .MID files, right?

I don't have, and do not want any of the EZ Drummer options as my weapons of choice are Battery and my Alesis DM5. So I should be able to drag the .MID files supplied into my projects and go from there.

I fancy doing some prog metal/electronic/ambient fusion stuff :D

cheers

andy

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

Okay, interest piqued, although I normally stay away from MIDI or audio loops as I prefer to bake my own.

Question is, and I think I already know the answer, these are just .MID files, right?

I don't have, and do not want any of the EZ Drummer options as my weapons of choice are Battery and my Alesis DM5. So I should be able to drag the .MID files supplied into my projects and go from there.

I fancy doing some prog metal/electronic/ambient fusion stuff :D

cheers

andy

I've been wondering the same.... I do have EZ Keys, but not EZ Drummer.

If anyone can confirm this I'll consider buying them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

I have heard back from Toontrack and, unfortunately, you need either EZ Drummer or Superior drummer to play the so called "MIDI Packs."

Not sure why they are called MIDI packs then...

Because the expansions pack aren't anything other than midi for which ever program you purchase it for. I think it is proprietary info though. Only the program it was written for can read it.

You don't get any sound samples with it.

Agreed! And they are used as nothing more than midi info... in the programs they are wrote for! Something on the page stating that they are only used for such and such program would help new potential customers for sure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, msmcleod said:

There's also an associated prog set for EzKeys

This actually impressed me more than the drums.

Me  too. Picked it up at JRR Shop for $23.

https://www.jrrshop.com/toontrack-seventies-prog-ezkeys-midi

Then I thought... wait a minute. Let me check and see if Best Service still has the Generic Midi 6 pack for sale. Sure enough they still have it at the old price! $65.47USD. That's less than $11 per midi pack.

https://www.bestservice.com/ezkeys_midi_6_pack_bundle_generic.html

Edited by Grem
Added more info