Need help with strange latency issue

Chris Li

Question

So basically, with asio, Cakewalk reports effective latency to be 11.6ms, but the input output latency is 17.3 ms. Effectively making my roundtrip time 34.6 ms, when it should be around 20. Bear in mind with 512 samples. My tracks start to glitch out at around 288 samples which shouldnt happen. They use to be perfectly fine.

I thought it would be hardware latency but I doubt it would add on an extra 5ms. I got no clue why this is happening.

This is the weirdest ***** issue I dont think anyone else has ever had

Capture.PNG

Edited by Chris Li

5 answers to this question

14 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Welcome to the forum.
What audio interface or sound card are you using?

I have the Behringer umc22 and I dont really have a soundcard (except for the stock one with the mobo), I use my interface as my input/output 

I might be wrong on this, I am pretty sure the Behringer umc22 uses ASIO4ALL as it's driver...

If that is the case, I am thinking that one way to reduce your latency, is to get an audio interface that comes with its own native ASIO drivers (Which is not ASIO4ALL).

On 2/9/2021 at 10:59 AM, Chris Li said:

So basically, with asio, Cakewalk reports effective latency to be 11.6ms, but the input output latency is 17.3 ms. Effectively making my roundtrip time 34.6 ms, when it should be around 20. Bear in mind with 512 samples. My tracks start to glitch out at around 288 samples which shouldnt happen. They use to be perfectly fine.

I thought it would be hardware latency but I doubt it would add on an extra 5ms. I got no clue why this is happening.

This is the weirdest ***** issue I dont think anyone else has ever had

Capture.PNG

Download your UMC22 drivers from their website. 

Download Link CLICK HERE