Ableton Live 11 Pre-Order discount (20% off) from Ableton 10 - Ends Feb 22

kevin H

If you are already on Ableton 10 and intend to upgrade to Ableton 11 once released, then taking advantage of the 20% preorder discount at ableton.com might be something worth taking advantage of.  Preorder discount will go away once Ableton 11 is released in early 2021.  Once you preorder you’ll have 14 days after Ableton 11 is released to complete your purchase.

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/

Edited by kevin H
Updated topic with newly announced release date of feb 23

I bought the 11 upgrade the day it came out. ;) Really looking forward to MPE support (for my ASM Hydrasynth), comping (finally!!), tempo following, MIDI note randomness.

I always feel bad talking about Ableton (which is like 99% of what I do with DAWs) on the Cakewalk forums.

8 hours ago, Walt Collins said:

I always feel bad talking about Ableton (which is like 99% of what I do with DAWs) on the Cakewalk forums.

Don't feel bad! There are certain workflows that Live does well that not many other DAWs can come close to. Nothing says you have to stick to one DAW.

Craig Anderton used to work for Gibson/Cakewalk, and was very active on the old Cakewalk forums. He described how he used Live and Studio One, as well as Cakewalk. He recommended using the best tool for any particular job at hand. In his case he preferred Live for live use, and Studio One for it's mastering features.

Use what works for you!

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Hmmm... Upgrade from Live 10 Standard to Live 10 Suite for $295. Then get free upgrade to Live 11.

Thomman has it for $242 and you also get live 11 upgrade if you register before release.  Not sure if your $295 included the 20% discount already or not so might be similar.  Seems like a good deal.  Some people actually downgraded to standard from suite as they didn’t use all of what suite offers but for me I use Max for live and some of the other instruments so it’s worth it.  I don’t use all the packs though.

comparison link:

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/compare-editions/

thomann link:

https://m.thomannmusic.com/ableton_live_10_suite_upg_10_standard.htm

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

Thomman has it for $242 and you also get live 11 upgrade if you register before release.  Not sure if your $295 included the 20% discount already or not so might be similar.  Seems like a good deal.  Some people actually downgraded to standard from suite as they didn’t use all of what suite offers but for me I use Max for live and some of the other instruments so it’s worth it.  I don’t use all the packs though.

That $295USD upgrade deal was what Ableton offered to me directly when logged into my account. I assume that may have included the 20% off, because there was a notice to that effect on the same page.

My price to upgrade directly at release to Live 11 Standard is $159, or to Live 11 Suite is $379.

I really don't need most of what Suite offers, and would only consider that if I really wanted the extra instruments  + effects. Otherwise Live 10/11 Standard is good enough for me. As with the other DAWs I use, I mainly stick with 3rd party instruments and effects. I don't like to be locked into one system.

Edited by abacab

That Thomann link is the lowest price to upgrade from Live 10 Standard to Live 10 Suite that I could find. https://m.thomannmusic.com/ableton_live_10_suite_upg_10_standard.htm

Their 200.84 EUR price with USD exchange rate showed as $253.56 USD today, which is still quite a bit lower than Ableton's direct $295 offer.

Which in my case, is only $94 more than buying the Live 11 Standard upgrade for $159 USD. Kind of makes Suite a no-brainer with this difference.