stop at project end...

Lombardi

• 1 year later...

I have found far to many problems with CbB, hence I'll always stick to using Sonar X3, I've NEVER had any problems such as what's being presented here, with Sonar X3, but I keep reading how CbB is getting buggier and buggier the more I read about it in this forum, which is making me more dubious at using it as my primary DAW.

• Meh 2

usalabs:

If you read/study BLCakewalk you will see that there are literally hundreds of bug fixes since sonar X3 and platinum. X3 and platinum exhibit the same project end problem as BLCakewalk. I can say this from experience with both of these.  I k ow it goes back to x1 and It may go back as far as Cakewalk Pro Audio(cant say for sure about pro audio been too long)

If you like X3 it is a great program.  It is very capable of recording end editing some great music. I think you would be missing out on many bug fixes and some great new features. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

The failure of Cakewalk to stop after the last note (or other event) but at a point beyond that is still evident as a bug in the very latest version of the program. It arose in one of my own projects just a few weeks ago - a very simple, short testbed project for a sample library, only a few bars long. However, the end mark seemed to be at bar 14, about 9 bars past the last real note. Experimentation showed that this didn't relate to a particular track - it was clearly a value held in the software/project and not accessible to the user via anything in the user interface. It wasn't being maintained/updated correctly as edits were made. (I don't believe it relates to any 'ghost' item such as a hidden articulation or CC message.)  I did manage to reset the marker properly in my project using the information in this thread as follows:

• Find the faulty end point by entering Ctl-End at the keyboard
  • Set the project to 'Ripple edit - all' by toggling it on in the box at top right of the track panel
  • Select everything after your real last note to a few bars beyond this faulty end point
  • Go to the main menu item 'Edit -> Delete Special' and tick 'Hole' then all other tickable boxes then click 'Ok'

If the faulty end mark has moved but is still not correct then reset the selection and repeat the 'Delete Special' step. I found that in my case I did need to do this TWICE. However, even then, it did not work in another project that suffered from the same issue.

Cakewalk Version 2022.11 (Build 021, 64 bit)
Windows 11 Pro (21H2)

Edited by LD