First part of track wont record

RICHARD HUTCHINS

Hi

I am trying to learn to use melodyne, but not sure if that's relevant. Basically I have recorded three harmony tracks, used melodyne to tune them, each was a duplicate of the original vocal track, then altered to make three part harmonies. ( I cant sing!) In the next few bars I wish to do the same things, but an odd thing has stopped me. I click "record" and sing as I always would do; I can see the waveform fine so something is there and has been recorded. But on playback, it is silent until a few bars in, and then the recording of my voice can be suddenly heard. I am stuck as to what I've messed up;  tried everything before asking people who know what they're doing. Any ideas? 

I dont think so, I did automate one track with clip volume adjustments but not the main  vocal track which I duplicated to provide harmony after adjusting the notes up by a third in Melodyne.

. I attach a screenshot, its track three giving the problem. (The weird waveform is me tapping the mike to test when the sound comes in, )

screenshot.png

No, I was just tapping the mike gently to test things rather than singing each time. A workaround is to do a new track elsewhere and sort of start again, but its not ideal so I am still investigating. Its very odd, after the track starts recording, there is a few seconds gap until it can be played back in the headphones, but the waveform is there from the start, very odd. I'll repost if I suss it.

Hmm, still puzzling over this, the problem seems to be similar but a little varied to last time. Basically I record a few vocal harmony tracks, and I use melodyne. The, when I add another audio track for some more vocals( no plug in yet) I see a signal on the console view, as per normal, but the track wont record.(see screenshot) Any clues? I think somewhere along the line I've messed up a setting. I cant progress until I sort this! Its the blank purple track! Any help as usual very grateful for.

Screenshot 2021-02-12 175900.png