weird cracking sounds on cakewalk

Arles de la Cruz

hi, when i'm using my guitar through the guitar link everything works fine until suddenly a crackle starts to be heard, i thought maybe it was my guitar link but when i used the drum kit it starts sounding good and suddenly makes that sound with every beat of the drums and the same with the guitar and it makes the sound constantly while I play until I stop playing or rather I stop producing sound in cakewalk and it returns to normal I do not know why it happens thanks for the help

Edited by Arles de la Cruz

Good audio playback with any DAW  is a combination of the computer being properly optimized and a good audio interface that uses ASIO drivers.

Try running Latency Monitor 

If you don’t have an audio interface - get one 

Edited by John Vere

11 hours ago, Arles de la Cruz said:

until suddenly a crackle starts to be heard, i thought maybe it was my guitar link but when i used the drum kit it starts sounding good and suddenly makes that sound with every beat of the drums and the same with the guitar and it makes the sound constantly while I play until I stop playing or rather I stop producing sound in cakewalk and it returns to normal I do not know why it happens thanks for the help

Until recently the same things happened to me not always, but in some projects. What happened? I did every attempt to solve this issue.

And what did I find? The culprit was Cakewalk Breverb 2!

In fact, as happened to you, the issue in the project was not immediately but after a while. And only in the projects where Cakewalk Breverb 2 was present..

I wrote to Cakewalk support and they told me that the plug in was currupted. It needed to be removed and reistalled.

That has been what I did.

But the issue represented. So I removed that plug in.

Edited by lapasoa

9 hours ago, lapasoa said:

Until recently the same things happened to me not always, but in some projects. What happened? I did every attempt to solve this issue.

And what did I find? The culprit was Cakewalk Breverb 2!

In fact, as happened to you, the issue in the project was not immediately but after a while. And only in the projects where Cakewalk Breverb 2 was present..

I wrote to Cakewalk support and they told me that the plug in was currupted. It needed to be removed and reistalled.

That has been what I did.

But the issue represented. So I removed that plug in.

how do i unistall and install that thing

(i have asio installed)i mean i am new at this i have a guitar link(search it on google is you dont know it ) and when is not conected cakwalk works fine when i conect it eventualy makes that weird sound with everything tha makes sound in cakewalk for exaple the drum kit from cakewalk even if i record something and play it sounds good until the sound goes crazy in summary its all ok until i conect the guitar link and the problem appear pd. sorry for my writhing i am not a native english speaker 

Edited by Arles de la Cruz

4 hours ago, Arles de la Cruz said:

(i have asio installed)i mean i am new at this i have a guitar link(search it on google is you dont know it ) and when is not conected cakwalk works fine when i conect it eventualy makes that weird sound with everything tha makes sound in cakewalk for exaple the drum kit from cakewalk even if i record something and play it sounds good until the sound goes crazy in summary its all ok until i conect the guitar link and the problem appear pd. sorry for my writhing i am not a native english speaker 

Also check that the guitar link sample rate and bit depth match the project.

• Like 1