Zynaptiq Subspace Reverb

cclarry

13 minutes ago, alex satt said:

interesting thing to compare best free ones(reverbs) with paid ones. I m afraid that difference  in quality will be close to zero (during blind testing)

Is Subspace paid? Isn't it just a teaser from the other paid reverbs? If I have to compare paid against paid, I'll be measuring it against Arturia Rev INTENSITY.

5 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Is Subspace paid? Isn't it just a teaser from the other paid reverbs? If I have to compare paid against paid, I'll be measuring it against Arturia Rev INTENSITY.

Anyway there are too many reverbs for the whole lifetime

18 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I have more compressor plugins than anything else. New 670, Vari-Mu, LN1176, LA2A, SSL 4000G Bus Compressor emulations are released every 12 seconds.

No time to chill ! I myself got more 2 tb of  collected plugins and expansions since 2004. And for God's sake i dont even know when it comes to an end!

Edited by alex satt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, alex satt said:

interesting thing to compare best free ones(reverbs) with paid ones. I m afraid that difference  in quality will be close to zero (during blind testing)

Reverbs is an area I don't believe that is the case, assuming you are not counting free for limited time offers, or other give me a taste of the full version options (ala this one, Melda, Akon, etc)

The free ones sound pretty good until you swap them out with something like Exponential Audio across all your tracks.  

This also depends on how you use reverb, if you are someone that just uses a super small amount across all your tracks, then of course the differences are negligable as you can barely hear either when they are on or off.  

All the free ones on the market are either crippled down, or flat out don't sound as good as the best paid versions.  

Poor quality reverb can distroy a mix, it is cumulative effect.  Might sound good on one track, but as the track counts add up the reverb artifacts and lack of clarity also pile up.

Edited by Brian Walton

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

The free ones sound pretty good until you swap them out with something like Exponential Audio across all your tracks.  

That sounds more like confirmation bias than the iZotope reverbs being miles better than the others, especially considering this is the first time I'm hearing aboout them and, if they were that good, everyone would know about use them.

6 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

That sounds more like confirmation bias than the iZotope reverbs being miles better than the others, especially considering this is the first time I'm hearing aboout them and, if they were that good, everyone would know about use them.

Dude.  Turn on your internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

If I thought the free versions on the market were just as good I can assure you I wouldn't have purchased doubles of each product (due to single seat ilok liscencing that I'm a major critic of).

Plenty of info out there on them.  They didn't get a whole lot of market presence as they were prohibitivly expensive until the last couple years where they saw major sales.    Only the rich can afford a single seat $300 stereo reverb (the surround is even more).  And they also were first released under a new brand until Izotope bought them, though headed up by one of the most well respected Reverb experts in the world.    They make some of the most respected Reverbs on the market, no question about it - just becuase you haven't done any research at all doesn't discredit those that have.

https://tapeop.com/reviews/gear/103/r2-stereo-reverb-plug-in/

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/exponential-audio-phoenixverb-r2

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/exponential-audio-r4

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/exponential-audio-r4

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/logic-pro-expert/logic-pro-blog/2017/03/10/review-exponential-audio-r4.html

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1141701-exponential-audio-r4.html

https://visualsproducer.wordpress.com/2019/05/05/exponential-audio-reverb-bundle-first-impressions/

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

Jeeeeez, you guys got me all excited.

Subspace is not new.  I installed the last update in June of 2019.
Wasn't overly impressed by it back then either.

This is like finding out that your hot blind date is your sister using an alias.
Going to go take a cold shower...

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 5

On 2/7/2021 at 5:47 PM, Fleer said:

If you ain’t got it, jump !

If your ears got very hot in the last few hours and it wasn't because you fell asleep leaning against the radiator, then I may owe you an apology.....

Installing this thing completely wiped out my ilok license manager and long story short it took many hours and angry mutterings just to get back to where I was before I started. During this period I may have taken your name in vain on several occasions for encouraging me to break my resolution to stop installing free stuff that I will probably never use anyway. With the benefit of hindsight, I have come to realise that I am a grown up and I make my own decisions and that it probably wasn't entirely your fault. I can only hope that you were somewhere chilly and by warming your ears I actually did you some kind if service. 

Edited by paulo
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

If I thought the free versions on the market were just as good I can assure you I wouldn't have purchased doubles of each product (due to single seat ilok liscencing that I'm a major critic of).

Plenty of info out there on them.  They didn't get a whole lot of market presence as they were prohibitivly expensive until the last couple years where they saw major sales.    Only the rich can afford a single seat $300 stereo reverb (the surround is even more).  And they also were first released under a new brand until Izotope bought them, though headed up by one of the most well respected Reverb experts in the world.    They make some of the most respected Reverbs on the market, no question about it - just becuase you haven't done any research at all doesn't discredit those that have.

Fair enough. I'll take a look at them at some point.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

9 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Fair enough. I'll take a look at them at some point.

Today is your lucky day:

I'd run the trial.  At $9 Phoenix is insane.   And R2 at $19 if you are more into the traditinal Lexicon stye is also fantastic.

Needs ilok (can be computer or ilock 2, or 3 authorize) and you only get one seat per purchase.  

20 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Today is your lucky day:

I'd run the trial.  At $9 Phoenix is insane.   And R2 at $19 if you are more into the traditinal Lexicon stye is also fantastic.

Needs ilok (can be computer or ilock 2, or 3 authorize) and you only get one seat per purchase.  

Since I won't be having that sort of money (yes, it's only 9 dollars, but that's a lot of money in my currency) and don't want to be populating my iLok account with expired trial keys I can't remove, I'll be letting this one pass for now.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

There's also another annoyance with those plugins. You cannot download the trials for them in iZotope's manager and you have to download each reverb as a separate installer. That wouldn't be so annoying if I didn't have to download over 10 things.

Well if you can't afford the $9 (no shame in that) you should stay clear unless you have copious amounts of self control.   If you just appreciate the education and experimentation, then a single installer is nothing and that makes getting rid of it after the trial easier.  You already have ilok so you can't complain about that.  

I must own 10 izotope plugins not including the exponential audio ones.  Guess what?  Never used the manager as that is an extra program that just takes up space, unlike an actual installer for an effect.  Perspective is key.  

If you are looking for legit professional tools for cheap, this is about as close as it gets.

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I must own 10 izotope plugins not including the exponential audio ones.  Guess what?  Never used the manager as that is an extra program that just takes up space, unlike an actual installer for an effect.  Perspective is key.  

As someone who had tendonitis in the past and that made me stop drawing after 27 years, I disagree. The less mouse movement I have to do, the better and I don't see how to accomplish that by manually clicking 20+ download buttons.

On 2/10/2021 at 6:14 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

As someone who had tendonitis in the past and that made me stop drawing after 27 years, I disagree. The less mouse movement I have to do, the better and I don't see how to accomplish that by manually clicking 20+ download buttons.

If a few button clicks is too much for you, then "testing" plugins should be painful and I'd think you would want to focus on actual music production that would also be painful given the tedious nature of the creation process with a DAW and or instrument.  Literally 20 seconds of testing out a plugin has far more movements than in the install process does.  Installing one plugin is completly trivial.  

I've studied human factors and ergonomics, so ironically you picked the wrong person to try to have that argument with.