Amplitube 5 Issue (not a deal)

cclarry

I have a problem with Amplitube 5.  I have put in a support ticket, and contacted
Pete, but have, as yet, after 3 days, received no reply, so thought I would bring it up
here.  I have exhausted every avenue, so it can't hurt to get some "outside opinions"

I opened the standalone of A5 to do some playing, and to my surprise, there was no sound.
What I mean by "no sound" is that the signal showed going in on the input meter, and it showed
out on the output meter, and the settings were all fine in the "settings", but no matter what
preset I picked, or what I did, all I got was the "clean, unaffected signal".  So, out of curiosity,
I went into settings, and opened the Asio Panel for my Axe I/O, and all was fine, so changed the sample rate
and buffer size.  This also had no affect.  So, I closed the program, and then re-opened it, and
to my surprise, the Splash Screen would come up, the progress bar would go about 1/3rd of 
the way, then the little blue circle would pop up on the cursor, and Amplitube 5 would close.
I tried again.  Same result.  So I decided to uninstall the program, and then re-install.  Same result.
So I decided to uninstall the Axe I/O Drivers, and re-install, same result.  I tried everything that I 
could think of and, no matter what I did, I got the same result.  So I opened S-Gear, and then changed
the Asio sample rate and buffers back to what they were originally, but this also had no affect.

Fortunately, the VST version works perfectly fine, so I can open a DAW and still use it, but it's kind
of annoying that it won't run in stand alone mode!  Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Ok, problem solved...and far easier than what was in that IK thread.  Just go to
C:\Users\name\AppDate\Ikmultimedia\Amplitube 5 and delete the "settings" file
located there.  Launched the program and it opened, but the same problem was there...
that I was getting only the "dry" signal.  I had forgotten that I had had that same problem
when I originally installed A5, and the solution is to go the "Settings" and re-select
the "output".  It will show that it's set correctly, but you have to open it and select the
correct setting AGAIN, and then it will work!  I could have saved myself ALL OF THAT
had I just remembered about having to reset the output...DERH!

Troubleshooting is such fun!  NOT!

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, cclarry said:

Ok, problem solved...and far easier than what was in that IK thread.  Just go to
C:\Users\name\AppDate\Ikmultimedia\Amplitube 5 and delete the "settings" file
located there.  Launched the program and it opened, but the same problem was there...
that I was getting only the "dry" signal.  I had forgotten that I had had that same problem
when I originally installed A5, and the solution is to go the "Settings" and re-select
the "output".  It will show that it's set correctly, but you have to open it and select the
correct setting AGAIN, and then it will work!  I could have saved myself ALL OF THAT

Troubleshooting is such fun!  NOT!

Another way of solving that problem is hitting that Uninstall button and going back to 4. I feel like IK is having marketing lessons with Behringer's PR department with shipping those half working products.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 7:38 AM, cclarry said:

, but you have to open it and select the

When I read you had went to your settings to check, I thought for sure you clicked in the box because you, of all people, knew what you had to do!!

Hell I remembered that!!

LOL!!! 🤪🤪🤪🤪

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grem said:

When I read you had went to your settings to check, I thought for sure you clicked in the box because you, of all people, knew what you had to do!!

Hell I remembered that!!

LOL!!! 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Heck, I WAS THE ONE WHO POINTED IT OUT IN THE A5 THREAD!

• Haha 1