Spaceships in the Sky

Blades

The last cover I did was "Spaceman".  Even though this one is not made with Cakewalk like the last one was, it is in the same "space" theme, so I hope you might take a minute (or 4) to take a listen to this.

This is a cover tune from a band called "The Tories" called "Spaceships in the Sky".  I did a brief writeup on my blog along with the audio as well.

I hope you'll give it a listen:
https://blades.technology/music/songs/spaceships-in-the-sky

Edited by Blades
  • Like 1

I redid a bunch of stuff on this one that was just not sounding right.  I added a center guitar, brought the hard panned guitars in for most of the song and automated a few spots to send them back farther left/right, brought the background vocals closer to the center and spread them across the left to right spectrum more rather than them all being in the same spot, cut a little more low on the bass guitar and added a little bit of Red Light Distortion, and cut a little more bottom out of the kick drum.  Finally, I changed the export to not dither because it seemed like it was making the overall mix sound different.  If you listened before, I'd appreciate another one, but if not, well, hopefully this sounds better than last night's version.

@jack c. - thanks for the listen and the comment.  Not sure what the George Michael comment is - but I'll take any comment with his name in it when it's about a song I did and hope for it to have been a compliment!  :)

@timboalogo Glad to hear that you liked this and thanks for the comment.  The original song by The Tories along with the rest of that album was one of the early 90s gems.  Check it out!

Great voice, I like your timber. Really nice guitar tones. I did not understand everything (but 85% of it) in the lyrics (maybe you could write them down for non-English speakers), but overall, it sounds pretty good.

Edited by Grebz
  • Thanks 1

@Grebz I did a quick Google and didn't find them, so here you go:

Verse 1
Spaceships in the sky
Does anyone know if they're real or just a lie
I swear just the other night when I walked the dogs
what I thought was just a shooting star
could have been aliens from a million miles away

Verse 2
Frisbees or pie shells
We've seen Trick photography