Pendulate plugin Good for SciFi

Joel Stolarski

Interesting one for ambient, experimental fans. I've got an i3 with maybe not enough

ram to run many tracks. So it does glitch some. Sometimes the plugin gui blanks out to black.

Then have to save, and close out CbB.  Thought I'd mention it.

New to Cakewalk. About 5 years using Ableton, so it's taking me some time to learn the differences.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 4:05 AM, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

Keep in mind that the algorithm for Pendulate's tone generation is very CPU-heavy since it's modelling twin pendulum physics at audio playback rates. You will want to freeze a few instances to free up CPU cycles. The only real way around this would be to get a more powerful CPU.

It's dropping out on my i3 laptop. Have 8gb of ram , and I can do a few tracks , maybe. Can't upgrade for now. If i was making big mony with a rap star, then they could upgrade me. Now, that's not the case.  I've spent a couple of weeks on the Cakewalk, and now I'm finding it easier.  I'm working on learning some hip hop and rap techniques which is taxing my brain. Also found a neat site that has remix contests with some great mixing prizes and even cash.  Having issue staying motivated last week or so., which hasn't been so funny.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you familiar with Unify from PlugInGuru, they have converted the factory library for the free Pendulate synth into a free Unify library. He has added 10 "bonus" patches that he has layered up.

You would need the Standard version of Unify ($79) rather than the demo to check out Unified Pendulate though. Unify is designed to combine multiple instruments, samples, and effects in unlimited layers into a single preset. Unify is worth it though, because PlugInGuru has already included many free synths and samples in their stock factory preset library. He has included (with permission) Dexed, OB-Xd, Surge, etc. plus 3.2 GB of samples from 12 PlugInGuru Libraries. So right out of the box you get over 500 usable patches without adding anything.

Then you can add your own plugins, and if he has already "Unified" their libraries, you can download a .guru file that makes the presets appear in native Unify format. Some examples of free synths that already have Unified libraries are Surge, Pendulate, and Spitfire Audio Labs. There are many commercial synths that also have Unified libraries available. Full list is here (demo available): https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/

UNIFIED Libraries – a Unified Library is where we save out each factory patch from a specific Plug-In in Unify format. This way you can easily combine any of the patches from ANY libraries you have to make new sounds. Instead of opening up a plug-in Interface to load patches, they are all there in Unify format.

Here is the Guru himself (John "Skippy" Lemkuhl) in a recorded livestream demonstrating the Pendulate Unified library:

• Like 1