A Different Kind Of Day

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

This is a track off of the album I'm currently working on called "The Westerly Sessions Vol. VII".  As always, any comments and critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening.

The rhythm and lead guitar parts in this song used Amplitude 5 - my new toy.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14191281

• Like 3

Douglas , I really liked the song , but there is definitely a tempo problem. It's like there are tempo changes without all the instruments following . Maybe a copy/paste issue here and there. I would solo the drums against a metronome and work from there. I can't seem to be able to tap my finger on my coffee cup and stay in time. (brand new coffee cup) Probably something simple ..  Still enjoyed it ..  mark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Douglas , I really liked the song , but there is definitely a tempo problem. It's like there are tempo changes without all the instruments following . Maybe a copy/paste issue here and there. I would solo the drums against a metronome and work from there. I can't seem to be able to tap my finger on my coffee cup and stay in time. (brand new coffee cup) Probably something simple ..  Still enjoyed it ..  mark

Thanks Mark - this was a tough song for programming drums - it doesn't have any tempo changes, but it probably should.  I probably shouldn't have posted this, since it's a bit too loose - oh well.  Thanks for listening.

On 2/13/2021 at 2:09 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Sounds like you're bonding with Amp5.
As always 👍's.

t

as to the drums, I never got a sense of vertigo, but maybe my timing is naturally a little "loose"....
Like bitflipper once asked me, "a little sloppy with sunglasses on?"

😎

Thanks for listening Tom.  Regarding Amp5, it's pretty cool.  My only complaint is that it's a bit slow to load on the first instance in a project.  Besides that, it sounds great.

• Like 1