sonar x1 master buss

jack c.

I do recall having that happen to me once, back around SONAR 7 or thereabout. 

It's no big deal to fix, though. Just create a new bus the same way you created the other two. There's nothing special about the master bus other than it's (usually) routed to the hardware outputs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

There's nothing special about the master bus other than it's (usually) routed to the hardware outputs.

The "Master bus" usually has "Set as Default Bus" selected in its context menu.

Other than that, it is functionally identical to any other bus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, martsave martin s said:

to the OP you know you can upgrade to cakewalk buy bandlab for free...?

Unless the OP is in the same situation as I am  :o/

My music PC is so old that I'd have to get a whole new PC, audio interface and all the VSTs .  I'm looking forward to it as I look forward to a costly nightmare.

I just hold my breath and hope it works one more year.  As it is, it does everything I need it to do.

I don't see any significant downside to sticking with an older DAW, as long as it does everything you want it to do. X1/2/3 or even 8.5 isn't likely to suddenly stop working, especially if you freeze your Windows version. A perfectly do-able strategy if you intend to always dedicate the machine to just that purpose. Tape machines from 1974 still work if you take care of them properly.

That said, X1 is not the version I would have chosen as my forever DAW. Because it represented a fundamental rewrite, it predictably had more problems than any other version prior or since.

Yes, obsolescence will eventually be forced upon you. But as Kalle notes, it'll be because some hardware component has failed and no compatible driver exists for a its replacement. Still, an old computer can be kept running for a very long time. Just keep it clean, keep it off the internet, and keep your backups up to date. And don't toss all of your old disk drives - store them someplace dry,  in electrostatic bags. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

That said, X1 is not the version I would have chosen as my forever DAW. Because it represented a fundamental rewrite, it predictably had more problems than any other version prior or since.

This! I would rather use 8.5 than X1. They had things working pretty good by X3e.