demo4

Hidden Symmetry

Always impressive work from you and the rest of the team! Not sure how much mixing went into this or if it was mostly a one take wonder? If it isn't spontaneous it sure sounds like it is.

I was asked to play bass this past week and I looked at it like a job no one wants. The bass gives me reason to look more deeply at the instrument.

Thanks for sharing!

45 minutes ago, Starise said:

Always impressive work from you and the rest of the team! Not sure how much mixing went into this or if it was mostly a one take wonder? If it isn't spontaneous it sure sounds like it is.

I was asked to play bass this past week and I looked at it like a job no one wants. The bass gives me reason to look more deeply at the instrument.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Starise, this was another internet collab. I was going more for a band sound & didn't want it to sound too over produced or artsy-fartsy.

I didn't use allot of eq, compression or fx on the tracks they gave me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ron D said:

Great composing and musicianship. Just curious, are you putting the guitars thru a real amp or an amp sim and what Daw are you using?

Hi Ron, I wrote the verse of this around 2004 in Cakewalk after installing Larry Seyer drums (which also inspired the track.) I went through my old Cake files in January, imported the midi into Cubase & finished the project using that.

The guitars are first takes setting up the tune for Cubase using a Kemper. (Then I started the internet collab)

Thanks for your feedback & interest.