Cakewalk 27 Installer Corrupt

AsYouCanSee

So, there was an issue with my UI at first. I figured it was because my version of Cakewalk was out of date, so I decided to update it. When I went to Bandlab Assistant and tried to update it, however, it was stuck at "installing." I did some searching, and decided that the best course of action would be to uninstall and reinstall Cakewalk. I backed up my vsts, and uninstalled cakewalk, making sure not to delete shared files. Once I tried to reinstall, however, I ran into the same problem as before, with it being stuck at "installing." At this point I am frustrated and confused, and I am desperate. I see on some forums that you can install it manually by finding the exe file in the system folder. I check there, and sure enough, I find a file called "Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_27.01.0.098_r1.exe" which gives me a sense of relief. I try to open it, and it says "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." Under it is another exe file, "Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Update_Setup_26.09.0.006.exe", and I try that one despite being out of date. The wizard fires up, and I select my language, but I am then met with another message saying "This installer requires Cakewalk by Bandlab version 2020.08." My computer is up to date and my drivers are good. I'm confused and nervous, as I have sunk a year and a half on this program and I do not think I would realistically be able to learn another one any time soon. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Edited by AsYouCanSee

Just an idea although I could be wrong. You could try downloading the installer linked in the first post of this thread

[CLOSED] 2021.01 Hotfix Preview [Updated to build 93] in the early access section. Then try running that. It may work and you may have to update afterwards but worth a go.

Similar problem here. I've been trying to install Cakewalk for 1 hour, and Bandlab Assistant always downloads a 1 kb file instead of the full setup file. This happens on 2 computers and there is no problem in downloading the setup files for Drums Replacer and the other addons, just the main Cakewalk installer always has 1kb. :( I never had this problem before and i've been using Cakewalk ever since it came out.... Anyone ale experience this? I suspect it's a problem from Bandlab.

1 hour ago, Petru-Andrei Baleanu said:

Similar problem here. I've been trying to install Cakewalk for 1 hour, and Bandlab Assistant always downloads a 1 kb file instead of the full setup file. This happens on 2 computers and there is no problem in downloading the setup files for Drums Replacer and the other addons, just the main Cakewalk installer always has 1kb. :( I never had this problem before and i've been using Cakewalk ever since it came out.... Anyone ale experience this? I suspect it's a problem from Bandlab.

Same here. "Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_27.01.0.098_r1.exe" file always stuck at 1kb. Any other add-ons download fine. I have tried reinstalling multiple times, cleaning the Registry entries, running in Admin mode, deactivating Firewall, and a ton of other suggestions from other threads, but nothing seems to fix this...

• 11 months later...