Steve Kingsley

Cakewalk download speed

Question

I have been waiting for Cakewalk to download on my PC for the last three hours and the word ‘downloading’ is still flashing away as I leave it to go to bed! Can this be right or should I quit the process and restart? 

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Steve Kingsley said:

I have been waiting for Cakewalk to download on my PC for the last three hours and the word ‘downloading’ is still flashing away as I leave it to go to bed! Can this be right or should I quit the process and restart? 

Did you dial the right number before you put the handset in your 300 baud modem? 

image.png.242cd02f84156f14235ea65f2634b04d.png

6 hours ago, Steve Kingsley said:

What does https://speedtest.net tell you that your speed is?  I am on 50 megabits per seconds ethernet wired internet connection and, for me, it only takes a few minutes.

6 hours ago, Promidi said:

What does https://speedtest.net tell you that your speed is?  I am on 50 megabits per seconds ethernet wired internet connection and, for me, it only takes a few minutes.

65.54 mbps wireless - maybe I should try a wired connection - I left it overnight and this morning it was still downloading

3 hours ago, Steve Kingsley said:

65.54 mbps wireless - maybe I should try a wired connection - I left it overnight and this morning it was still downloading

Try temporarily disabling Windows defender and trying again.....