Default Daw Feature request.

Will.

Request for Track Names to be automatically copied to "Clip Name" upon renaming tracks.

It is suppose be done by the DAW, instead of the user having to do this manually every time a track has been renamed. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

i would suggest it be a setting - i would not want the track to force a clip rename or vice-versa unless i enabled it. my track names often share a single clip for arranging and effects, etc so having the track name change to the clip or vice versa would make more work (for me). but there are also times i want to go in and just edit the tracks on a projects and definitely would want the clips to follow suit. so +1

• Like 2

On 4 de febrero de 2021 at 6:22 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

Request for Track Names to be automatically copied to "Clip Name" upon renaming tracks.

It is suppose be be done by the DAW, instead of the user having to do this manually every time a track has been renamed. 

What sense would it make for every clip having its own name if all become the same as the Tracks's? Sorry, I don't get it.

I don't get it  either.

I wouldn't want the clip name to follow the track names...that would be like saying make all the track names automatically be the same as the Folder they are in...one is a subset of the other , why would you call them the same thing,

At best maybe have it as a tick box option " Clip Names Follow Track "  ?

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Perry said:

Or just don't bother too much with the names at all - do you really (honest question this) find the names of a clip that important?

Yes! I create 100's of stems a day.

Renaming Tracks and Clips are extremely important to me for visual purpose and copyright. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo