It features the usual suspects - but also features some tablas for percussion 😉

Superior Drums
MODO Bass
Pianoteq Piano (incl. artificial solo)
a few synths and Kontakt
and of course some real Strats and a Tele

All comments welcome.

• Like 4

Thanks a lot for listening and for your comments! ;)

jack - these are Soundiron tablas loops (for kontakt). I just got them recently and I really like them. They're quirky ;)

Tom - thanks, I really like MODO too - you can do a lot with it ;)

• Like 1

I absolutely Love Tabla. That was some good driving drums /bass and percussion. I thought the break downs were "superb" like coming into the first wah section and the introduction of the different instruments. Fantastic performance and song .  You had me with the title alone..   mark

Great work !  Very interesting to listen to . . . it's jazzy, it's rocky, and Tablas,  in a hard drivin' guitar song ? . . . but you totally made it work . . . you really cut loose on that guitar throughout this piece, and the recording and mixing is spot on. I liked the jazz piano interlude a lot , surprise deflection, more please, but maybe you're more of a guitar player.  Mr. Braner, thanks for posting here . . .

. . . now one question remains . . . who is Wendy, and why are you waving to her ?

Wow! Thanks a lot for the listens and for the nice comments!

Yeah - the piano solo was "manufactured" in the MIDI editor - I couldn't play like that if my life depended on it ;)

Wendy works in a funeral home - we like to wave to her when we walk past - to let her know we're still alive and kicking. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh I was thinking of applying at a funeral home, pay is $25 per hour.  But they said I'd have to do collections as well....  This is a really fun piece, uplifting.    You have an innate sense of phrasing.  Piano is medium-well done.  Keep it up!

Edited by David Sprouse

• 2 weeks later...

Well this one passed me by ,  loved the tablas , it sounded to me like one whole thing was a live friday night jam everyone looking at at another to take their lead , yeah after a productive practice in the rehearsal rooms just about enough time left for a jam session , great stuff really liked it cheers