IK Multimedia Sampler Spectacular

cclarry

12 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

I haven't written anything for ages - too bust going through all the sounds at my disposal and rating them where that is an option!

I have heard that the best cure for that problem is to just create a small palette (collection) of usable sounds in various categories such as synths, basses, drums, piano, etc., and just work with them at the beginning. Save the sound design for the final stage after you are done composing and arranging.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, bdickens said:

I got the ST4 CS a while back. I took a look at the sounds list and it seems like I somehow have all the sounds already.

ST4 CS will show icons for all of the IK sample libraries available, but they may not all be unlocked. It can include the ST3 core libraries and add-ons, as well as Syntronik and Miroslav instruments if you already have them.

The locked items will show a padlock icon overlay in the ST4 UI, and those owned, but not yet downloaded, will have a down arrow overlay.

Edited by abacab

Another thing if you get ST4 (Actually ST3.72  too )  is it can load content from other stuff from the IK Line-up :)

Like:  Load Syntronik sounds into SampleTank 3.7.2 (or later) for more expandability

4 hours ago, abacab said:

With ST4 Max, you also get all of the ST3 stuff included, so that's a pretty full palette of sounds to begin with, and they all utilize the new ST4 UI.

ST4 UI is awful IMO. I wouldn't get it if it was 100% off.

I'd say the ST UI is more easy to use for me.  Oddly enough I hardly everr use Kontakt as a MT instrument, and I just have ST setup as my default one.  That's just coming from a lightweight user, as I know Kontakt is probably the more well-rounded product.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, abacab said:

I wouldn't say awful, but there is a lot of room for improvement! At least ST4 is resizable now! And the sounds... :)

The ST3 UI was awful...

A lot of ST4 UI is more difficult to read than it should be due to the (lack of) contrast between the lettering and the background. Many have said this on IK forum and IK response is that it's not a IK problem and that users should adjust the contrast on their monitors to make it better - er, no IK I have functioning eyes and every other plug in I have is perfectly legible on my monitors on the default setting, so........

4 hours ago, paulo said:

difficult to read than it should be due to the (lack of) contrast between the lettering and the background.

Agreed. On my regular monitor in my "studio" I have no problem reading any of the stuff on the UI. However, on my Surface Pro and my home PC, it's another story. Especially at night on my Surface when I have the screen brightness lower. 

IK can solve this issue with different UI themes, a light one, and the one they have now.

• Like 1

I went and got the Syntronic Deluxe offer. That unlocked ALL my sound libraries for d/l. Since I already have all of them, and have them installed, I never bothered with what IKPM was saying. But....

I took this opportunity to see what the heck, let's see how long IKPM will take d/l and installing all of ST4MAX sounds. I started around 3:00pm CST US. It's now almost 8:00pm and it's not even  half way through! Out of 93 files it needs to d/l it's only on file #22. I do understand the amount needed to d/l, but this seems like it's taking a little long?

Or is it just me!!?