Melodyne 5 causing Audio Engine Dropout crashes with Bandlab 2021.01

Chevy

I just reinstalled Bandlab, and then upgraded to Melodyne 5, and I'm still getting "Audio Engine Dropouts" (error code 12) when I try to invoke Melodyne via Region Fx;  happens as soon as I click on Create Region Fx.   Don't even get a chance to play the clip.

The help section text says  "12  [Internal] Internal audio buffer memory limit overflow. Contact support with recipe/project file."   Not sure what this is referring to.  Which buffer is this ? I messed with the Mixing latency buffers and ASIO,  bumped up to 1024, but that makes no difference to the problem. What is a recipe ?

18 minutes ago, Chevy said:

The help section text says  "12  [Internal] Internal audio buffer memory limit overflow. Contact support with recipe/project file."   Not sure what this is referring to.

The instructions ask that the project and steps to create the drop out be mailed to support@cakewalk.com

May want to include info about the OS,  buffer settings from the mixing latency section of preferences, audio interface make and model, driver mode from preferences and driver version number

Ok, tried it with a brand new project, short audio clip, and it seems to be working.

The steps are: split the track to get a very short clip, select the clip, select Region Fx, then Melodyne, then Create Region Fx.  This causes the computer to hang up, and eventually the Audio Engine Dropout (12) occurs.

But looks like you are right, this seems specific to this project.  

How do I send you the project file...  can't send the audio...  limit seems to be 4.88 MB ?  Just sending the .cwp file.... is that what you are referring to ?

Song test file for Bandlab Feb 4 2021.cwp

53 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Have you tried it in an new project with just an audio clip?
When that error fires it is normally specific to the project you are doing this which is why we need the steps and the actual project file.

Extra info re Audio Engine Dropout (12)      Windows 10,  Mixing Latency currently 1024, interface is Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen with new driver and firmware updated just yesterday,   ASIO driver mode.

1 hour ago, Chevy said:

Ok, tried it with a brand new project, short audio clip, and it seems to be working.

The steps are: split the track to get a very short clip, select the clip, select Region Fx, then Melodyne, then Create Region Fx.  This causes the computer to hang up, and eventually the Audio Engine Dropout (12) occurs.

But looks like you are right, this seems specific to this project.  

How do I send you the project file...  can't send the audio...  limit seems to be 4.88 MB ?  Just sending the .cwp file.... is that what you are referring to ?

Song test file for Bandlab Feb 4 2021.cwp 423.25 kB · 1 download

@Chevy please upload it to dropbox, google drive, One drive or any file share of your choice and send a link. You can zip the full project folder.

OK Noel,   sent you the OneDrive link to the file.

Just also discovered that the Melodyne problem disappeared when I either turned off or deleted the Waves plugins that were on the particular audio track I was working on.

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Chevy please upload it to dropbox, google drive, One drive or any file share of your choice and send a link. You can zip the full project folder.

Noel,    this Melodyne problem occurs only with Waves plugins.  My Melda, Izotope and Softube plugins don't cause the problem.

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Interesting. We'll still need the project because thats the quickest way to investigate it. You can trim it down and save as a new project so that the size becomes smaller.

did you not get the link?  I uploaded to OneDrive and sent you the file share info to support@bandlab.com.

10 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I don't work for support :) I can get the link from them but its quicker to just PM to me.

Oh.   New to this forum.... will figure things out eventually.  OK.... link sent to you from OneDrive.

Edited by Chevy
corrected info
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 10:41 AM, Chevy said:

I just reinstalled Bandlab, and then upgraded to Melodyne 5, and I'm still getting "Audio Engine Dropouts" (error code 12) when I try to invoke Melodyne via Region Fx;  happens as soon as I click on Create Region Fx.   Don't even get a chance to play the clip.

The help section text says  "12  [Internal] Internal audio buffer memory limit overflow. Contact support with recipe/project file."   Not sure what this is referring to.  Which buffer is this ? I messed with the Mixing latency buffers and ASIO,  bumped up to 1024, but that makes no difference to the problem. What is a recipe ?

hey i think i figure out the issues with this, I've been facing this problem for the longest time but i think this is what's happening:

It happens when a track is set to stereo interleave, and having a stereo plugin on slot 1 and then having a mono plugin (Waves) after that stereo plugin. With this configuration trying to create a melodyne region fx causes a Dropout 12 to occur. Changing the track's stereo interleave to mono or changing that mono plugin to a stereo one fixes this problem.

Do give it a shot and let me know if it works for you, if so ill probably start a new bug report thread.