Overloud Fluid Convolution

cclarry

The only problem with some of those funky names is when you can't tell what the thing actually is. I don't know if manufaturers think all guitar players have a catalog of all amp references since their introduction and how they relate to bands and such. Line 6 is equally guilt of this with an interface as convoluted as TH3-U but in a more condensed state.

3 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Just installed it but so far can't tell if there is any audible difference. No fancy UI improvements, still ugly and confusing. I miss Cab presets feature form previous versions (not sure if it was still present in TH-3). 

I haven't played with the scenes feature yet but having the ability to turn off either IR/cab really makes the rear and 45degree mics stand out so you can key in to what they add to the sound. I've noticed, too, that the wacky differences between the remastered and original cabs is not as severe; it seemed the higher frequencies were way overamplified in the first remastered versions; they're just not as overpowering as before.  The cab section does bring in more confusion or flexibility, depending on your take; blending cabs and IRs is cool but if you want pure IRs, you have to turn cabs off.  On the plus side, you've got a full list of the IRs from your source folder that you can scroll through right in the cab section.  LOVE that.

I miss the cab presets, too, and the full 3D view of the cabs w/mic booms in TH2.  The layout and features just seemed more intuitive but I bet this will grow on me.

• Like 1

Just went to the Overloud THU page again and noticed a white amp head on the splash page (to the right of the images above "What's new in THU 1.3".  On the face it says "Rock 1959 RR".  I don't see it in any of the genre-specific packages...I hope there's some new amps in the making.

20 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Just went to the Overloud THU page again and noticed a white amp head on the splash page (to the right of the images above "What's new in THU 1.3".  On the face it says "Rock 1959 RR".  I don't see it in any of the genre-specific packages...I hope there's some new amps in the making.

It's a copy of the Randy Rhoads limited edition Marshall Super Lead 100, called 1959RR. It has some modifications to match the amp Randy used:

marshall-1959rr-randy-rhoads-741537.jpg

• Thanks 1