Waves Codex with Beat Magazine #182

Sander Verstraten

15 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Well. I used my paypal account which is linked to my credit card if that is what you mean.

Thank you.

To explain the different experiences we have had i suggest following.

1. Setup: You have a creditcard linked to PayPal. I do not have a creditcard or giftcard linked to PayPal as mentioned in my earlier posts.

2. Scenario: The seller has a PayPal button which when clicked on makes a connection to PP. The buyer says ok to the sign in/connection and the seller makes a request to PP for the amount of money he/she wants.

3. Condition: The seller specifically request name and number of a creditcard.

4. Outcome: If PP has creditcard info it handles this in the background and what the buyer sees is only the webpage providing the product name, quantity and total amount. Plus the ok button to approve the transaction. If PP do not have any creditcard info it will present you with a webpage that tells you to fill in name and numbers of a creditcard. There is no way around that webpage telling me to fill in my creditcard so i cant pay.

I seldom get that creditcard request so logically it is a specific request, borderline demand, which some sellers do.

39 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

The magazine also has an Interesting review on a 303 style eurorack module....

Cool! That's nice! Too bad it's not in English, Unfortunately my German isn't so great.  What other sorts of articles are there? On say, I don't know, page 70 for instance?  🤔

Interesting that the Yumpu site has the current issue of Computer Music for you to preview, but not Beat Magazine...

https://www.yumpu.com

Edited by mibby
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2021 at 7:33 AM, Kurre said:

I've read somewhere that PP takes a transaction fee which banks do not.

The usual practice on bank cards is for the bank to take a discount, that is, the merchant receives less than the card account is debited. This is considered a "processing fee" paid by the merchant to the bank, for which the merchant receives the patronage of those customers who want to use the credit card and some bookkeeping services. In fact the money that the bank receives actually comes from the customer's account, and the merchant has already set his price higher to account for the discount. This charge is invisible to the customer, except when merchants offer to give them a portion of that discount in the form of a lower price  for a cash purchase. 

Edited by slartabartfast

3 hours ago, Kurre said:

Thank you.

To explain the different experiences we have had i suggest following.

1. Setup: You have a creditcard linked to PayPal. I do not have a creditcard or giftcard linked to PayPal as mentioned in my earlier posts.

2. Scenario: The seller has a PayPal button which when clicked on makes a connection to PP. The buyer says ok to the sign in/connection and the seller makes a request to PP for the amount of money he/she wants.

3. Condition: The seller specifically request name and number of a creditcard.

4. Outcome: If PP has creditcard info it handles this in the background and what the buyer sees is only the webpage providing the product name, quantity and total amount. Plus the ok button to approve the transaction. If PP do not have any creditcard info it will present you with a webpage that tells you to fill in name and numbers of a creditcard. There is no way around that webpage telling me to fill in my creditcard so i cant pay.

I seldom get that creditcard request so logically it is a specific request, borderline demand, which some sellers do.

Sorry for being so dense; I am just not following what you are saying. You said it was a lie that you could use PP to pay for subscriptions at all the sites you tried. I was able to pay with PP so it clearly was not a lie.

Do you have a PP balance that you want to use to pay for your purchase? And instead PP is asking for a credit card? Is that where the problem lies? Otherwise, how did you want to pay?

• Like 1

Link to the Beat Magazine website?

Seems hard to find on a search engine cause it has such a generic name...

EDIT:  Found it searching KVR.  Obvious in hindsight, but didn't even surface near the top in Google.

When linking deals, please always include a link to the originating website.  Not just to a page asking for a secret word.

Edited by Maestro

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Sorry for being so dense; I am just not following what you are saying. You said it was a lie that you could use PP to pay for subscriptions at all the sites you tried. I was able to pay with PP so it clearly was not a lie.

Do you have a PP balance that you want to use to pay for your purchase? And instead PP is asking for a credit card? Is that where the problem lies? Otherwise, how did you want to pay?

Are you a troll?

Hoping i have a fit and lash out?

Surprise surprise, i'm not going to.

• Confused 2
  • Meh 1

58 minutes ago, Kurre said:

Are you a troll?

Hoping i have a fit and lash out?

Surprise surprise, i'm not going to.

I am not a troll! I despise trolls. I am asking a serious question, not trying to rile you up or anything. I am just trying to understand what the issue is because I am just not seeing it. As I said, maybe I am too dense to understand. What am I missing?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

Link to the Beat Magazine website?

Seems hard to find on a search engine cause it has such a generic name...

EDIT:  Found it searching KVR.  Obvious in hindsight, but didn't even surface near the top in Google.

When linking deals, please always include a link to the originating website.  Not just to a page asking for a secret word.

Sorry, here's the official news bit from the magazin newspage:

https://www.beat.de/news/beat-0321-waves-codex-gratis-gear-perfekten-workflow-10076295.html

I normally don't  bother with the magazine link, as I get it in hardcopy

• 2 weeks later...

Tried ordering but cannot set Country to USA.  Bank will just lock my card if I try to submit this order, especially to a foreign merchant.

EDIT:  Purchased at Producer Spot.

Waves plugins are locked to one machine unless you keep a subscription, so I've already uninstalled the CODEX/Waves stuff as I don't want to lock myself into that.  The Tracktion synth is okay, though.

Edited by Maestro