Waves Codex with Beat Magazine #182

Sander Verstraten

I went to zinio.com and tried to buy it there. Only mentioned the german issue but that wasn't the problem.

It revealed that i can never buy a magazine because of their refusal to accept payment from an PayPal account.

I use PayPal specifically to avoid giving out my creditcard numbers. Meaning that PayPal don't have them to give out because i haven't given it to them either.

I've read somewhere that PP takes a transaction fee which banks do not.

What's so hard to just add that fee to a price and be up front about it. If i really want something a small fee is not going to stop me.

I really find this refusal to accept my money very absurd in this age of supercapitalism.

4 minutes ago, Kurre said:

I went to zinio.com and tried to buy it there. Only mentioned the german issue but that wasn't the problem.

It revealed that i can never buy a magazine because of their refusal to accept payment from an PayPal account.

I use PayPal specifically to avoid giving out my creditcard numbers. Meaning that PayPal don't have them to give out because i haven't given it to them either.

I've read somewhere that PP takes a transaction fee which banks do not.

What's so hard to just add that fee to a price and be up front about it. If i really want something a small fee is not going to stop me.

I really find this refusal to accept my money very absurd in this age of supercapitalism.

Maybe try your luck at PocketMagazines?

3 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Maybe try your luck at PocketMagazines?

I have tried to pay for things and being law abiding  five times now and being denied by the seller so i'm thru begging  someone to take my money.

And all stated you could pay with PP. That was a lie. The f*ers now got an email account to bombard with spam for free.

49 minutes ago, Kurre said:

I have tried to pay for things and being law abiding  five times now and being denied by the seller so i'm thru begging  someone to take my money.

And all stated you could pay with PP. That was a lie. The f*ers now got an email account to bombard with spam for free.

Not sure what you are on about. My Computer Music subscription is through PocketMagazines and I paid with Paypal. I have used Zinio in the past, and paid with PayPal. Could it be a problem with the country you are in?

I have a couple of other Waves synths, including Element 2, and I like them.

So I looked into Codex, as it's very similar to Element, but one thing put me off. The 2 main oscillators are wavetable only. So you can't mix in a VA oscillator on 1 of them for a hybrid sound.

Here's what one reviewer said:

At its heart are two wavetable oscillators, accompanied by separate noise and sub bass generators for beefing up the tone, although the noise only comes in one flavour and the sub is always a triangle, one octave below Oscillator 1 - puzzling limitations that seem somehow familiar...

Psyched on this good sounding freebie, but now when I get new synths that don't support MPE, they feel neutered.  I hope Waves gets on that train before I need to WUP (good luck, I know).

The MPE-enabled version of Wavetable in the Live 11 Beta has spoiled my expectations for this sort of plug, I think.

7 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Not sure what you are on about. My Computer Music subscription is through PocketMagazines and I paid with Paypal. I have used Zinio in the past, and paid with PayPal. Could it be a problem with the country you are in?

PayPal account is one thing. PayPal creditcard/giftcard is another thing.

Did you or did you not use a creditcard or giftcard with PayPal?