Polyphonic velocity audition and stuck notes

RBH

Question

I've been working almost exclusively with Audio tracks for about a year on a project. I've recently needed to do some Midi composing and editing and I'm finding a plethora of stuck notes when  copying ( via Cntl drag ) clusters of notes in the PRV with polyphonic velocity audition selected. It is not an issue  when poly audition is switched off. There are sometimes multiple copies over layered on top of each other. I've had to resort to launching MIDI-OX to run it's panic reset routine (sometimes multiple passes ) to un stick the notes. This is pushing a hardware synth as well. I haven't tried this with VSTi.

It doesn't appear to matter whether Cntl is selected before or after selecting and dragging the  notes. A drag to copy move rings notes and they are likely auditioned and drag copied in the audition state. The notes them selves don't appear to be multi copied.

Midi buffers are at default. Might a change here help ? All other midi functions play and edit normally as far as I can tell.

I remember from years ago Cakewalk having a Panic button and can't seem to locate anything similar in CbB. Does one exist ? I couldn't locate a CAL routine for this - though I have a large zip file that I haven't roamed in a while - maybe one exists that I can tie to a key bind.

2 answers to this question