Reading old .WRK files

Bw

Question

Hi- I have very old CW projects. They were done on Windows YEARS ago. I've since swapped to Mac and CW is no longer what I'm using to record.  Registration at Cakewalk seems to be disabled, so there doesn't seem to be a way to download their Mac prototype. While I can get the audio files (WAVS) out of my old BUN files by dragging them into my other program, I do have the tempo information and I very much would like to have that so that I can resync everything.

SO- what about this:

Is there a way to see the Tempo in, say, a text editor by opening a .wrk file?

I can see a lot of information there, ie- what takes I used, what the project was called, etc. But nothing is obvious to me that would indicate tempo. 

I realize this is an off the wall question, but I'm not sure how else to do this other than figuring it out in the new project (but it's not 100% accurate).

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I do believe that the Mac version was a total flop. People use something called boot camp to run Cakewalk on Macs.  You should be able to open WRK and Bun files in CbB and then from that you can save the files as midi or CWP   Bun files are often reported to become corrupted and not a safe way to archive projects. 

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035040954-Cannot-Open-a-Project#:~:text=Cakewalk by BandLab can open Cakewalk Project Files (.&text=bun)%2C and even pre-,a few things to consider.

Edited by John Vere