A few issues im having with cakewalk

Sam Barker-Poole

Question

Hello Guys,

I have been having a few issues with cakewalk since trying to move over.

When exporting a stereo mixdown of a project, I have frequently found glitch sounds over the exported track and when i re open Iam greeted with this message "a corrupt audio region was detected and padded with silence".

Has anyone else came across this issue or does anyone have a fix for it?

Audio dropouts. 
I have experienced audio dropouts since downloading the bandlab version of cakewalk.
I have updated all my drivers to the newest versions. Tried reinstalling everything however it is still fairly consistent. Sometimes when opening a plugin, even if its already on the track, sometimes without reason.

I have changed buffer size to reduce latency when tracking but surely I shouldn't need to change sizes between tracking and mixing as this would make sessions very impractical. (As suggested on a facebook group)

I have moved over from Cubase where I did not have any of these issues the whole time.  My system has had no issues running very large sessions with tons of plugins. 

I would really love to be able to stick with cakewalk as I really enjoy the workflow and most things about it,  I just need to iron out these final issues to be confident to use it in recording sessions with clients. 

Additional Info:

System:
Windows 7
16GB ram
64bit Operating system 
intel core i3 2100

Interface:
Mackie Onyx Blackbird.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hi,

This is an old error. In the past it's been associated with clips that were edited in length outside of the current version of SONAR. Are you editing or working on sessions that you originally started working on in SONAR and have since started in CbB? Do you have any clips that now don't have any data in them? 

That CPU is 8 years old already and you'll be pushing it with a 64bit operating system, plugins, etc. What version of Cubase are you coming from?  As for changing the buffer size, this is exactly what you're supposed to do. Change it when you're recording, and when you go to mix, increase the buffer size.

You will always have cracking and popping trying to mix anything of size at a 64 buffer sample rate. Minimum is 512, best to go with 1024 or even more with very large projects that have a ton of plugins. By tons of plugins, do you mean 10-15, or 30-50? What kind of plugins? Linear phase plugins? Stock plugins? There are huge differences here.

You will need a new CPU before the year is over.