PreSonus FaderPort 8 in Cakewalk (Redux)

Blades

Hey all.  I had a chance to redo an old video walkthrough of the FaderPort 8 in use in Cakewalk by Bandlab in Mackie MCU mode.  The last time I tried to do this, I had a lousy audio and video situation and made the best of it.  This time around, I got it a little better and I think the video is more useful as a result.  Hopefully someone here will find this to be of value:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For the sake of comparison, I've done a video on this for the FaderPort 8 in Studio One as well, which shows some of the differences in the behavior of the hardware in the Studio One software and how some of the functions that Mackie MCU mode in Cakewalk doesn't cover.  You might find this interesting:

https://www.blades.technology/music/daws-sonar-and-studio-one/5-reasons-to-use-the-presonus-faderport-8-with-studio-one

Edited by Blades

It's a great device.  Of course, it is more full featured in studio one since they are both presonus products but it is still a ton better for me in cakewalk than my bcf2000 was.  I am sure that I am missing some things with the extra modes, but unsure wish cakewalk and presonus would get together about a few of them and other issues, like the fader scale being not the same so feeling a little drift from the actual markings.  I don't know that either company needs to do anything.  I think it's both.

Edited by Blades