Groove clip looping

acewhistle

Question

Hello fellow Cakewalk users,

Noob here and want some help pls with looping a groove clip.

I set my project tempo at 115bpm 4/4 time signature and I got a bass drum loop that has got 128bpm.

I've tried using audiosnap to match the project tempo but it is way off so had to adjust the audio transients to make sure it follows the tempo.

Want to loop it, but when it I tried it via Loop construction, everything is grayed out☹️.

Any advice pls what I am doing wrong. Many thanks.

3 answers to this question

Audiosnap & Groove/Loop are mutually exclusive. You could bounce it then loop it -or- just loop the original. A groove clip has usually been created such that enabling looping will get it to the project tempo as well as enabling the feature of dragging it for loop purposes.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:05 AM, bvideo said:

Audiosnap & Groove/Loop are mutually exclusive. You could bounce it then loop it -or- just loop the original. A groove clip has usually been created such that enabling looping will get it to the project tempo as well as enabling the feature of dragging it for loop purposes.

Do you have a pic/video example that you can share to me as I tried Youtube but most contents are not what I am looking for?

Many thanks.

I'm not familiar with any videos, but for sure some people here can help you with that. The Cakewalk pdf manual seems to be pretty clear about what can be done with groove clips. Importing is on p. 709, looping p. 711, finer points, including changing normal audio into a groove clip, in a few following pages. Find the manual under the "Cakewalk By Bandlab" menu at the top of this page. Or here.