TTS-1 Vanishing Instruments?

I ran into this yesterday, and so far, I've only found one patch that has gone missing. The Voice Oohs patch, which used to be close to the top of the middle row of patches that pop up when you click on an existing voice in a track.

I just installed Win10 on this machine, so I went over to Bandlab to get a copy of CW to install. Everything went fine. I loaded CW and began working on a tune, and discovered that the Voice Oohs patch was missing. Strange. So I called up a tune where I knew I'd selected Voice Oohs and hit Play. The Voice Oohs were still in the playback, even though if I selected the patch panel , the patch didn't exist. It's like the voice has been grandfathered in or something. 

I'm glad that TTS-1 still has the voice, but I'm not at all happy that I have no way to select it. I went back to my old installation of CW and found the TTS-1 folder -- and all files are identical to the ones in the latest installation of CWbBL. In fact, they're 10 years old. Hrmmm. Anyway, all I know is something's changed. I doubt it's Win10 that would have caused this. Somebody somewhere has tweaked something in CW for this to happen.

I'm respectfully requesting that it be untweaked. NOW.

If you're running a current version of CW and you see the Voice Oohs patch -- if you're feeling brave, go to Bandlab and d/l the latest even though you might not need it just yet. Then take a look at the patch list and see if Voice Oohs still exist. If they do, let me know because that means that something's gone haywire with my brand new install.

Thanks, abacab. That's good to know,, and I had to dig around a bit to benefit from that information. If  I call up the TTS-1 mixer, and then click on the button above the channel, it shows the instrument and the "var," the "var" being  000 and the instrument being 054 -- not 064, by the way. Okay, so I decided to change channels so I wasn't already at Voice Oohs, and selected an instrument from clicking on the instrument name, which brings up a selection. So, what do you know? If I select "ensemble" there's the Voice Oohs -- 054 000. But if I go to the channel popup, the Voice Oohs have vanished. I'd really like to know why. It's good to know that I can still get to a voice that has vanished from the popup, but what I want to know is why did it vanish from the popup . . .   especially if  it's just happening to my system alone.

9 hours ago, Michael McBroom said:

If you're running a current version of CW and you see the Voice Oohs patch -- if you're feeling brave, go to Bandlab and d/l the latest even though you might not need it just yet. Then take a look at the patch list and see if Voice Oohs still exist. If they do, let me know because that means that something's gone haywire with my brand new install.

I just updated to the most recent version and the patch is still there on my system. I didn't do a fresh install, I just let CbB do an update. So I don't know if my old install of TTS-1 was overwritten or not. 

I checked my TTS-1 installation folder and it says the folder was last modified 1/8/2021.

TTS-1.dll was modified 3/13/2018

tts-1-param.dat was modified 12/30/2011.

The GIF folder under the Help folder says it was modified 1/8/2021. That said, the only thing that was modified was the folder. All the GIF files are dated 12/30/2011.

I would assume/guess if any of the files were changed it would reflect the date they were changed, but I could be wrong.

The only thing I can suggest is find it manually and create a user preset, or uninstall and reinstall CbB.

Shane,  your file dates agree exactly with both installations of CW I have on my PC. When I saw that the two different installs agreed exactly, I got concerned, cuz it was only just a few days ago, when I was running CW from the old drive in Win7, that I saw the  patch. What changed? Heh, a lot changed. New OS, new install of CW -- although it's supposedly the same as the one I was running just a couple of days ago, or so say all the file dates I've compared so far.

I don't much like the idea of having to create a user preset and I have an uneasy feeling that my machine has  just stumbled across a bug that might not be reproducible -- except on my machine, of course. I've finally put to bed a similar non-reproducible problem with an earlier incarnation of this machine. It sure would be nice if I could have a  vacation from this sort of thing before problems start appearing again.

But what have I got to lose. May as well reinstall. 

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Actually, it does help because it tells me that, for whatever peculiar reason, this problem appears to exist just with my machine and is most likely not a bug -- in the traditional sense, it would seem.

I really, really, dislike machine-specific issues like this. But what are ya gonna do? I just upgraded the machine. Not gonna toss it in the bin and go for another one.

At this point, I'm wondering, is the popup any sort of flat file that I might be able to edit or is it machine hex code that is auto generated? If a flat file, if I can find it, I can edit it.