"ghost" automation *solved*

Steven V Sweat

I am getting a green automation line with movement data in it, on a master bus where there is no automation lane. no automation on any of the buses.

I included two screenshots, one showing the ghost automation on the master bus, the other showing an automation lane with expected results.

Any insight much appreciated!

Steve

edit** I created the blank automation lane on the first shot to show how the green line doesn't match the automation lane. I deleted that master bus automation lane for the second shot, where you will note the automation lane logo is not dimly lit like it would normally be  with a lane activated

ghost automation lane.PNG

ghost automation lane comparison.PNG

Edited by Steven V Sweat
solved

On 2/1/2021 at 11:55 AM, scook said:

Orphaned envelopes used to be pretty common when deleting plug-ins that were automated.

To remove it, SHIFT-click the automation envelope then right click and delete using the context menu.

What does SHIFT-clicking the envelope do, as opposed to just right clicking and choosing delete?

1 minute ago, winkpain said:

What does SHIFT-clicking the envelope do, as opposed to just right clicking and choosing delete?

SHIFT-clicking the envelope activates it in the track filter so you can right click and delete.  If you've more than one ghosted enveloped, you want to make sure you've picked the right one.

1 minute ago, msmcleod said:

SHIFT-clicking the envelope activates it in the track filter so you can right click and delete.  If you've more than one ghosted enveloped, you want to make sure you've picked the right one.

Oh, right!  But if I'm already acting on an envelope there is no need to shift click before right click/delete.  I thought it was some special "don't ghost this envelope" function. 😉

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...