AAS Objeq Delay FREE

paulo

29 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I hope this doesn't indicate any sort of crisis at AAS.

Did you say the same thing about Izotope when they gave away pretty much the entire elements line over and over again?

I'd agree with the nottion that "effects" isn't what AAS is known for.  

Could be wrong, but I don't see this as any cause for concern.  Many times these give aways create an influx in demand for a companies products

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

I hope this doesn't indicate any sort of crisis at AAS.

I'm thinking that a it's maybe a way of picking up a lot more upgraders for a new version as I doubt that it sold as well as their synths. Very nice for free/cheapish but I never considered it to be worth the full price.

27 minutes ago, paulo said:

I'm thinking that a it's maybe a way of picking up a lot more upgraders for a new version as I doubt that it sold as well as their synths. Very nice for free/cheapish but I never considered it to be worth the full price.

+1, totally respect AAS and the products.  

But even the sale prices were not getting me to move on the Delay based on other things I have (and what is in the market).   For this deal, yes, I'm sure to pick it up.  But even the humble bundle price wasn't good enough based on my own personal need.   I've heard good things about it though.  

16 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Did you say the same thing about Izotope when they gave away pretty much the entire elements line over and over again?

I'm not sure. Did I?

16 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Could be wrong, but I don't see this as any cause for concern.  Many times these give aways create an influx in demand for a companies products

Well, I'd rather get a better upgrade offer for existing synths, than a free delay. As good as it it, this delay doesn't create a sufficient prompt to buy the full collection of synths. That is, given the user is aware of other products and still defers the purchase.

57 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I'm not sure. Did I?

Well, I'd rather get a better upgrade offer for existing synths, than a free delay. As good as it it, this delay doesn't create a sufficient prompt to buy the full collection of synths. That is, given the user is aware of other products and still defers the purchase.

No it was just a commentary that even some of the most successful companies gives away free powerful plugins.  And in Isotopes case over and over again on multiple ones.  

The session versions of the synths are very usable, I can understand why many wouldn't be compelled to pay the upgrade cost.  Yet another parallel to Isotopes offerings.