AAS Objeq Delay FREE

paulo

Oh boooy.. and I just updated all my AAS stuff couple days ago which resulted in many errors including duplicated as well as way too many unwanted installation paths executed by the installer that doesn't give you any way to opt out from it. That's a lot of cleaning afterwards and in case of some DAWs, like Reason, getting errors from having dupes in the main VST folder.

to cleanup again or not to cleanup again... here's the question

Edited by chris.r
  • Haha 1

AAS Objeq Delay is cool! Have had it for a couple of years.

Yes, the dupes are a bit annoying, but fairly simple to eliminate. AAS is a great company and their products and support are top notch!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

Oh boooy.. and I just updated all my AAS stuff couple days ago which resulted in many errors including duplicated as well as way too many unwanted installation paths executed by the installer that doesn't give you any way to opt out from it. That's a lot of cleaning afterwards and in case of some DAWs, like Reason, getting errors from having dupes in the main VST folder.

This is what I do after having downloaded a Custom “All” Installer from AAS:

After having unzipped the aas-software-installer-win.zip file, I open up the file called “bom” in a text editor (that file hasn’t got any file extension). The bom file is a text file stored in the InstallerData folder containing references to everything that should be installed. In the text editor I then remove all lines that specifies my duplicates and my session instruments. As I’ve got the full version of everything AAS I don't want the session instruments installed, but they are always included. After saving these modifications I finally run the Setup program.

Edited by Canopus
  • Thanks 6
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Canopus said:

This is what I do after having downloaded a Custom “All” Installer from AAS:

After having unzipped the aas-software-installer-win.zip file, I open up the file called “bom” in a text editor (that file hasn’t got any file extension). The bom file is a text file stored in the InstallerData folder containing references to everything that should be installed. In the text editor I then remove all lines that specifies my duplicates and my session instruments. As I’ve got the full version of everything AAS I don't want the session instruments installed, but they are always included. After saving these modifications I finally run the Setup program.

Can you edit places where the zillion versions of vst will install ?

Withdrawn. Post was more of a question related to the capabilities and functioning of the plug-in and only implied a possible limitation that someone considering getting the plug-in might be interested in.

Edited by User 905133
Post withdrawn for the reason stated

7 hours ago, Zo said:

Can you edit places where the zillion versions of vst will install ?

No, the bom file only contains the list of files that should be installed but not their destination. The destination folders are fetched from the system registry. On my computer AAS installs no less than 3x VST2 and 1x VST3 of every instrument. So be it.

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

No, the bom file only contains the list of files that should be installed but not their destination. The destination folders are fetched from the system registry. On my computer AAS installs no less than 3x VST2 and 1x VST3 of every instrument. So be it.

Yeah it s a pain because when i launch maschine it keeps scanning again and again aas stuff , not only them but mainly , i erased some but i m afraid to go threw each destination as some might be used for something internal .... don t know , i escalated this to aas at one point , but they do it to be sure people with maschine and all have the dll , previews ect ...

4 hours ago, Zo said:

Yeah it s a pain because when i launch maschine it keeps scanning again and again aas stuff , not only them but mainly , i erased some but i m afraid to go threw each destination as some might be used for something internal .... don t know , i escalated this to aas at one point , but they do it to be sure people with maschine and all have the dll , previews ect ...

Exactly, it takes more time to remove the unwanted rubbish, than manually installing it from a zip file. I still hope that some day plugin providers will understand that supporting a simple zip file install would help many users a lot!

So far only Reason reported an error after finding the whole AAS collection in my main vst folder (Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins) and then the exactly same bunch of plugins in a subfolder (Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Applied Acoustics Systems). What would be the reason for doing that?

Before I was doing last update I first uninstalled everything AAS and then installed just to the subfolder, according to what the installer suggested (did carefuly notice the path that was displayed). It did install to both, the main folder and the subfolder then, plus everywhere else around the area here as we already know.

Next time you install Swatches or a sound pack, search for "AAS Player" from the root of your system drive. I think 17-18 copies of it are strewn around in various forms like 32-bit VST3 and AAX.

I wrote a tutorial on how to clean up after installations, with A|A|S as the prime example. What I have now is a folder on my desktop called "A|A|S Wipe" that has shortcuts to all the locations where they install unwanted copies. I just open that up and get busy.

• Thanks 1