Error when importing multitrack Wav from X32 mixer

William Burke

@William Burke why are you running a build such an ancient build from Feb 2020? The Cakewalk version is 26.01.0.28 which is not the latest release.
Did you attach the wrong dump file by accident?

The crash in your dump is not even in Cakewalk but your ASIO driver.

[Frames may be missing, no binary loaded for AvidElevenRack_Asio64.dll]        Annotated Frame
>    AvidElevenRack_Asio64.dll!00007ff97ad81f22()    Unknown    Non-user code. No matching binary found.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, William Burke said:

@Noel Borthwick

Wait, it's not 2020 anymore?

I think this is the correct file:

Untitled_01312021_151017.dmp 3.83 MB · 0 downloads

@William Burke

I know right? It was a long year, hard to believe its over.
I looked at your new dump and I can see the problem. Its a bug in our code that is leading to the crash. It happens with multichannel 32 bit wave files > 24 channels which is prob why we didn't catch it earlier. Your file has 32 channels.

I'll fix it for next release. Can you please share one of the wave files so I can verify the fix?

thanks for reporting it,
Noel

22 hours ago, William Burke said:

As a note.. if you are using the 11rack as an interface... don't. I have it and have used it since around 2012/13 for demos and still do, and love it to bits for that. But as an audio interface, the few months I tried to use it my system was BSODing every week. Talking Windows 7 and Sonar. It had terrible drivers and given Avid total lack of interest in the product, don't think they ever advanced much. 

My 11rack has been happily connected to the S/PDIF inputs of my (proper) interface for over 7 years and I've been churning demos and put down ideas with zero crashes ever since. Just a heads up.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

There might be a temporary workaround. In the import audio dialog, try setting the import bit depth to 32 and see if that works.
If not set it to 64 and retry. Let me know if that works.

Hah very cool.  32bits worked.  Imported and created a folder with 32 tracks.  :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, William Burke said:

Yeah.  I tried that.. Cakewalk just starts reading the file and gets vaporized.  The process is still running according to Sysinternals' process explorer though.

OK,  I was thinking that maybe a particular file might be causing the issue.  Like maybe files 1,2,3 worked but 4 failed.   Or maybe skip to file 5 for example and see if that worked.    Another thought if you owned an editor like Soundforge and could try loading the files there and then re-saving it as 16 or 24 bit.  Then load the saved file into Bbb....  Or if you want you could send the file to me and maybe I could figure something out...